Not a popular question, but needs answering none the less

Tyre heat, or lack thereof.
I've been playing AC and ACC for ages, so bear with me pls. I personally prefer rF2 above those for various reasons, so I really need advise here.

I can not for the life of me get heat in to the tyres in rF2. This goes for Formula Simracing cars, Apex nodding cars, GTE, GT3, official content, additional subscribed content, any track you name it.
Even after 5 laps of hard driving skidding around, there is no constant build up of heat, of course you get the spike in temp due to surface temp readings, but it goes back in to the 50's deg C directly back on the straights. Best I can get is like 60 C or so, mostly in the 50's deg C, crewchief won't shut up due to cold tyres.

All the cars I have driven are on tyre model 10. I've changed psi up and down, camber + and -, soft tyres, hard tyres, softer suspension, harder suspension, ambient temp (which I now believe changes nothing wrt tyre temps) etc etc etc. None of these seem to change a thing wrt temps.

I find it easy to warm the tyres in AC and ACC to the desired temps via psi and a little camber adjustments.

Could this be a problem with my install, or is this a know issue? Days of googling revealed very few similar problems and or solutions if any.

All I can think of is that in rF2 temps are "irrelevant" and you should only concentrate on optimal pressures?

Thanks!

I dont know if temp reported are surface or carcass? I tend to use motec and look at the temp spread rather than value.

Have you tried all compounds and maybe even doing burnouts?

Like I said, I dont care to much for the value, as unless someone has given you optimum temp its kind of irrelevant. I look at tyre temps as an indication of contact patch and camber.

Have you looked at the colour of them on the display?

rF2 Definitely measure surface temp. I did around 20 burnouts and got the surface temp up to 300 or something ridiculous on the rears, and after one and half lap the temps were right back to the 60s. I definitely get more grip with 140kpa in the GT3 cars, but as far as temp goes it just won't stay up. Surely you should be able to maintain a temp of around 100deg? I seem to have no grip

RF2 data in Motec shows 3 different tyre temp readings, Carcass Temp, Rubber Temp and just plain Tyre Temp. The variation between tyre and rubber temp can go up 10 degrees Celcius from what i have seen. I think graphic in the HUD is for Tyre temp and not rubber temp.

1599645123315.png

That looks interesting, how many laps did you do with these readings since all of them are quite low? I'll fire up my Motec software and have a look for some inconsistencies on my side.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing