Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

I fo
Since the 1.2 updates, the NSX and Corvette are now all nice and shiny (without needing to swap around the Shared folder). That's good. However, the conversion I did of V8Factor Unleashed (Aussie V8s) has now lost its shine since the 1.2 updtaes, which is a pity 'cos that mod looked, and handled great. There's now a problem (I don't think this was a problem before 1.2, but I may be wrong) with both the NSX and the Corvette: at the end of the first lap all the AI go into the pits and then come back out. Have you seen this same problem?

Know of a fix?
I found a fix for the shine in most if not all converted cars. They work for all my mods so far and doesnt affect any other mod. My wheel is out of commission so I've had some time to play around with different files. When I get home from work tonight I'm going to upload a zip with all of the files needed.

Jok3sta submitted a new resource:

Get the Shine back in converted mods.... - Files for fixing car paint on conversions

Ok so anyone who has converted a mod from rfactor knows that some of the mods don't convert properly when it comes to the paint. You get an ugly flat paint with no gloss at all. Since my wheel is out of commission I had time to play around with files from different mods and I finally got all of my mods with nice shiny paint without affecting any of the original cars or already working mods. All you have to do is copy these files to your "shared" folder and overwrite when it asks. The 3 original...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for your reply, Rob. :)
Here are some pics of the real Formula Vee Cars' cockpits which I found on the web.
(Reiza Team is doing a really great job! :thumbsup:)

formul10.jpg

I like the Formula V12 cockpit and used its carbon texture as a base.
I love the atmosphere of both "Metal & Carbon", and glad you like the carbon one, too.
Thanks again! :)

Hi There,

I have used this very useful guide to try and create my own RFM section where I can put a copy of my custom skins for the V8's. I have created the RFM menus and that appears in game. I have saved it & the rfm text file as reiza76.tga & reiza76.rfm.

While my menu appears in the game, no cars appear (just the safety car). What I have done is copy all the shared files from the Stock V8 folder and then edited the vehcile class in the VEH file. The relevant parts from my My RFM file looks like this:

// Game/Season Info:
Mod Name = V8 Super Stock
Track Filter = StockV8
Vehicle Filter = OR: Reiza76
SafetyCar = CamaroSS_SC.veh
Matchmaker = match.reizastudios.com
Matchmaker TCP Port = 40001
Matchmaker UDP Port = 40002
Loading Bar Color = 13244190
Max Opponents = 30 // maximum opponents in practice/quick race/grand prix/championship
Min Championship Opponents = 5 // minimum opponents in championship only
// Seasons:
Season = Clio Series
{
FullSeasonName = Super Stock Championship
BaseCreditMult = 0.0
MinExperience = 0
EntryFee = 0
Vehicle Filter = |Reiza76
Max Opponents = 30

And the relevant part of the VEH fill looks like this:
Number=53
Team="A-S-H Racing"
PitGroup="Group17"
Driver="Paul Clarke"
Description="StockCar V8: Paul Clarke #53"
Engine="V8"
Manufacturer="StockCarV8"
Classes="reiza76"

FullTeamName="Asto Hayfi Racing"

Category="V8 Super Stock, Peugeot"

Thanks in advance for what I am sure will highlight what I am doing wrong!

Phil

Last edited:
I know Rfactor had/has one and I'm wondering if if anyone here has attempted a similar mod for GSCE? I wonder if the guys who created the RF mod would give permission to get the mod converted to GSCE standards? Anyone else think it may be a fun mod to play around on in GSCE?

I found a new love with these little cars and actually went and watched them race last night at a local track. Actually they were called " Dwarf " cars....but besides the body they are almost identical in specs to the Legends cars. I'm hoping to be able to purchase one here in the next year and try my hand at some oval and road course racing in the mini's......looks like a blast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 269 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 180 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 180 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%