Nordschleife Tourist Enhanced Mod

Tracks Nordschleife Tourist Enhanced Mod Build 13

Login or Register an account to download this content
Adie Evergreen submitted a new resource:

Nordschleife Tourist 55 AI - Nordschleife Tourist Offline with New Pit Layout, 55 AI Pitboxes with Improved Fastlane and Ai Hints

Intro :
I use this mod from may 2017 to cruise in nordschleife tourist
with 50 collection of mods. I Revised it time to time when i have
spare time. Previously, I love to cruise in online but i live in a distances country from server thus suffer from a high ping which can really bug some honest people when racing inch by inch.

So, i decided to share this mod incase someone just
having the same reason like i do.

This is just a simple mod where i modified "Tourist Pit...

Read more about this resource...

First of all I want to say thank you to you!
What an outstanding work you have done!
This is what I was looking for since the Nordschleife came out for AC.

Just one question:
Is it "normal" that the AI crashes when they try to overtake each other?
I watched an AI car (Audi R8) overtaking slower cars (Audi S1, BMW M1) and the R8 went off to the grass. The BMW got bumped by the R8, as well.

I just wanted to ask if I'm the only one who has noticed that.

Maybe there is a(nother) solution.

I ran with 22 opponents, 100% strength, 0% variation and 0% aggressiveness. (No CPU warning.)
Shall I increase aggressivness?

Hello alistair :)
Thank you for compliment

Yes it's normal as long as it happened when using this mod.
Normal means "my track limit design that cause it "

It happen when AI overtake and use the most of the track limit (grass in this case) and the AI find the track limit ahead gets narrowed , So the AI will force it self to get back to the track (Respecting the limit)

Original nordschleife track limit stays in the edge of the road (Grass etc are outside the limit) but in multi class, AI seems to hesitate to overtake...they just like need more space. I think it is because fastlane that often to changes side combined with narrow track so, as to that I made a lot of track limit wider than original.

if you have any idea/experiment how should track limit in particular section of the track, just let me now ;)

I attach a sampel from AI Developer tool to see the track limit (Red line Left and Right)

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2017.11.05 - 02.08.50.61.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2017.11.05 - 02.08.50.61.jpg
    621.6 KB · Views: 499
Hello alistair :)
Thank you for compliment

Yes it's normal as long as it happened when using this mod.
Normal means "my track limit design that cause it "

It happen when AI overtake and use the most of the track limit (grass in this case) and the AI find the track limit ahead gets narrowed , So the AI will force it self to get back to the track (Respecting the limit)

Original nordschleife track limit stays in the edge of the road (Grass etc are outside the limit) but in multi class, AI seems to hesitate to overtake...they just like need more space. I think it is because fastlane that often to changes side combined with narrow track so, as to that I made a lot of track limit wider than original.

if you have any idea/experiment how should track limit in particular section of the track, just let me now ;)

I attach a sampel from AI Developer tool to see the track limit (Red line Left and Right)
Thank you very much for your fast reply.
I'm sorry.
I don't have any idea.
It seems just to narrow for AI to overtake. Using the grass is a compromise.
Maybe someone with skills (not me) can change the fast lane and make it tighter??? (I don't think that it is possible; only to change the line, isn't it?)
But thanks again for all your efforts!
I really love your design of the parking lot!
Maybe I'll do a German mod presentation on my channel later on (if the Missus is d'accord with it).
I can live with the crashing AI as long as they don't retire. I just turn off damage.
Thank you again!

Thank you very much for your fast reply.
I'm sorry.
I don't have any idea.
It seems just to narrow for AI to overtake. Using the grass is a compromise.
Maybe someone with skills (not me) can change the fast lane and make it tighter??? (I don't think that it is possible; only to change the line, isn't it?)

I see, i will have a look. I found AI before Wehrseifen and Adenauer forst tend to crash each other when 2 AI with almost identical power met. Fortunately, I could make those limit area tighter. Before release, when i tested for 10 laps in race mode 5 of 55 AI retired due to that kind incident, maybe i can push the numbers...
If you find more of these, just tell me the "names of the section", i will make it tighter.
i'm gladly revised ;)

But thanks again for all your efforts!
I really love your design of the parking lot!
Maybe I'll do a German mod presentation on my channel later on (if the Missus is d'accord with it).
I can live with the crashing AI as long as they don't retire. I just turn off damage.
Thank you again!

FYI, even damage at 0%, the AI still can be retire. It is because they cant reverse and others just stuck in sand. Cannot reversing AI ( I have no idea where to fix that), stuck in sand (might have a little bit idea to test)

thank you mate :cheers:thumbsup:

Nice mod, with my i5 6500@ 3.8ghz i can manage 39 cars without getting the cpu warning sign, which is still pretty impressive. After a couple of laps, i did notice two AI disappearing at random times. Using the tour mode for AI.

Nice mod, with my i5 6500@ 3.8ghz i can manage 39 cars without getting the cpu warning sign, which is still pretty impressive. After a couple of laps, i did notice two AI disappearing at random times. Using the tour mode for AI.
Wow, 39 cars!
That's impressive.
It's time for a CPU upgrade for me. :)

What do you mean by "tour mode"? (ai_hints?)

Thanks for the explanation, I get it now. Happy to see it was so easy to fix :thumbsup:

Glad to hear :):thumbsup:

Thank you magzire

Is it always happen ?
How i can reproduce the bug, if it possible..
i have to see the bug my self, so i can guess at something as a fixable or beyond my knowledge

Do you mind to tell more about this ?
Such as : race or trackdays, what strenght, after how many laps, what kind of ai...etc

Despite, i got something too back then..
if it really disappear (not retire) possibility the ai goes under ground. It can be happen, in this case from my experience many month ago, was :

- One ai slide and stop, others came and crash it, but the differences is AI not bumping like a derby instead goes underground and fly to the infinite world. We can reliaze this by using ctrl+numpad1 and move on to the disappear AI. if it really disappear, we cannot skip to next ai.

- Something happen around the pit, which AI pick the wrongline because coding that doesnt match AC standard Pit Layout or etc...which makes AI goes into non colision wall and then free fall to the infinite

Nonetheless, we can still see AI names in the menu, although it cant be seen in game
Is it more of like this ?

Thx for point it out mate :thumbsup:;)

What do you mean by "tour mode"? (ai_hints?)

Hi alistair :)
(im still working on the limit..ahaha :roflmao:)

Btw, i just "wow" seeing ur father play really well with dfgt. Great skill for both :thumbsup:

I might add about ai_hints..

Its a custom ai_hints.ini
Mainly because under 100% of strenght, Ai gets bugged. Like lap time in the 2nd lap and so on that got dumbdown and also possibly stuck in the pit corner like run out the gas.

So strength must be 100% in order to have full enjoyment and as to make ai pace alien or not, we use one of those 5 ai_hints.

As to you, you're more likely an alien and pro for me :thumbsup:
Seeing how awesome your driving skill's are

I did lower the ai strength to 60/0. Maybe that was it. I'll try again later and record it if happens.

Ok i see :)

Yes, i've tried Under 90% (before came out with custom ai hints idea) that some ai especially a 10 minutes car, can be teleported into their pitboxes while they were being to slow in the pit it self.

When teleporting did happened inside it very own PIT, somehow ai pit bug triggered and on the next spawn and start to drive, AI will miss the correct pitline as target drive , thus possibly make them Goes randomly and by any chances took the no collision wall and surface, resulting to fly under..

Some bug can't be fixed (by me), so i just have to find another alternatives solution, such as that 100% strenght golden rule thing and etc..

Good luck mate :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi alistair :)
(im still working on the limit..ahaha :roflmao:)

Btw, i just "wow" seeing ur father play really well with dfgt. Great skill for both :thumbsup:

I might add about ai_hints..

Its a custom ai_hints.ini
Mainly because under 100% of strenght, Ai gets bugged. Like lap time in the 2nd lap and so on that got dumbdown and also possibly stuck in the pit corner like run out the gas.

So strength must be 100% in order to have full enjoyment and as to make ai pace alien or not, we use one of those 5 ai_hints.

As to you, you're more likely an alien and pro for me :thumbsup:
Seeing how awesome your driving skill's are

Thank you for your kind words.

I've already watched your GIF-tutorial how to use these files (ai_hints) and I am keen to test them (but not today, unfortunately). I knew about the reason of setting AI to 100%. You described it very well on the overview page of your mod as well as in the readme files.

I am very far away from being an alien driver. President Smug (search for him on YouTube) is an alien. He can set a 1:41.498 @Imola in RaceRoomRacing in the Bentley GT3. He's an alien. Or Alexander Dornrieden who puts down a 2:15.xxx on Spa in R3E and 2:16.xxx in Assetto Corsa in GT3 cars. :)
My father and I love to battle each other. He crushed my time on Nordschleife - now, he's doing a 08:02.xxx (alomost tweo seconds faster now than me).

Thanks again for your explanation and for working so hard on your mod!
I hope that sooner or later everybody knows about your mod because it's really special.

Adie Evergreen updated Nordschleife Tourist 55 AI with a new update entry:

Revision 1.148

Release Update
Mod Version 1.148 :
Tested 10 Laps with 55 Different Default AI (190 Strenght / 90% Aggresion)
Thx to detyo ary for helping with beta testing

Note :
if you already have and use 1.128, remove the mod completely.
then download and use 1.148 as usual (as before)

- Ui Name Fix (Suggested by : Hachiroku_88PL)
- Revised Track Limit (Suggested by : Alistair McKinley)
- Revised Fastlane
- New TV Cam and Add Static 95...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 252 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%
  • < 4 years