Nordschleife times are frustrating me

C

Chad711

• Chad711

I've posted about this before at rsc. Here I am again trying to really figure out what it is I am doing wrong. Just some back ground on me. I have raced this track ever since Gran Turismo for playstation 2. I know this track very well. I can run through the whole track in my head, every single turn. I coudl draw it on paper if I had to. So I do not think my issue is "knowing this track".

My best time on this track is 6:45:xx. Doesn't matter if I am in a GT Pro or WTCC Extreme car. That is as good as I can get. I've watched replays, downloaded setups and even got help with setups but just can't get better then 6:45:xx on this track.

After watching replays and following lines from files of people running in the 6:30's I just do not get two things. How are you braking that late and how are you on the gas that early? This is basically the only way people are getting these times any faster then me. I have tried to follow these and there is no way I can do this with out the car getting side ways or losing the line.

I'm just really confused on what I can possibly do to gain a whole 10-15 seconds on this track when I feel I am pushing this car to the limits.

I'm starting to wonder if my wheel settings are off or what. I've tried different settings with my G25. It doesn't really seem to make that big of a difference. Moved wheel rotation from 240 to 540 and now at 400. Lock from 15 all the way up to max. Speed sensitive steering from 50% to 0% to 10%. Doesn't seem to matter. I've used tunes that seem to help out but not enough to get me down under 6:45.

:frusty:

• MafiaMan

that's becoming and my big problem. After 30min my middle finger and wrist on right hand are killing me . I will have to take a little break. It's not good for health. Anyawy, i don't know how to convince you that i'm driving normal GTR Evo withouth hack's and on keyboard. Even if i record myself while playing i cannon prove to you guys that i'm driving perfectly normal GTR . Anyway, i know for myself that i'm doing everyhing by rules and not lying about anything and that's enought for me. Some of you don't have to belive.Oh yeah. Could ''Sander'' come to server one more time ? I would really like to watch closely his lap :D

• MafiaMan

yeah i know . But i didn't watched his full lap . Just bit's and i remember his first sector was very close to mine's best . I did't watched the rest. I'm interested in racing lines he's taking, also about his exit's from some corners . Can you tell him to put some time attact file in game? I mean in downlod section .

edit

i figured why video looks so speeden up. I recorded a video in 60FPS so that must be it. I'll post 25FPS version to make some thinks clear :)

• Klyde Parker

I dunno, I just must be a crappy diver. With a 2/14 split/wing setting, my best time is 6:35.4..... I tried the 3/10 settings and could NOT keep the back end from flailing wildly out of control on almost EVERY turn of the road. Just not enough downforce to keep the back wheels in contact with the road, IMHO. I can't imagine trying to push it hard enough to get under 6:30..... let alone do it with a keyboard!!!

Sorry, just my $0.02 worth.

• MafiaMan

thanks. I think i will try a lap with that setup becouse it's getting really hard even for me with 3/10 setup . See what happens.Maybe this(my) setup is not working for you guys with wheels becouse you are used to keep the throtlle in corners while i used to bring as much speed in the corner and then at the very end(3/4) of the corner press the key and hold it. It's not visible very good at video but i'm entering 80% of corners with oversteer :S

• Chad711

Quitting? Don't think so :) We are gonna get you there. The-Bring-Chad-Seven-Eleven-To-Heaven-Thread should be open soon :)

haha, now there is pressure on me! I'll get there. Im afraid it will be awhile though. A lot of xbox360 console games are coming out that have my interest!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back