Nordschleife on Friday (just because we can) - who's up for it?

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
Hello all,

My team mates (@Dennis Coufal & @Rui F. Martins) and I don't really have much to do next weekend, so we're planning to host a small event (if we manage to find somewhere to host it). Obviously we'll be using rFactor 2, and hopefully this version of the infamous Green Hell: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/nordschleife-24-hour-nürburgring-test-version.98305/

We hope to have the event on Friday 2nd; I know it's incredibly short notice, and confirmation as to whether or not the event goes ahead will probably be last minute (it all depends on finding somewhere to host it), but if things go according to plan then it should be a lot of fun.

There are no plans for an official race format. It's very much going to be a turn up and drive (like a track day), unless we manage to find a fair few drivers who are interested, in which case we would try to setup a mini-endurance challenge. At the moment there are 4 of us, and a few other guys have expressed their interest on another forum.

So, I'm here to try and drum up some more interest. The more people we have the better the chance of the event being hosted (if we ask nicely :roflmao:)!

So, who's up for it!?

Just reply here if you're interested, and we shall keep you posted! It'd be great if this happens and you could join us! :D

UPDATE:

SERVER IS NOW UP!

Details:
Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM NORDS
Server password: Click here

Necessary mod details can be found here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/isi-gt-multi-class-nordschleife-24h-fri-2nd-jan.98340/

Qualifying: 19pm GMT (60 minutes)
Race: 20:00 GMT (60 minutes)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Bram Hengeveld that was the initial plan, but we decided against it for this event. However, for future events, once we have attracted more drivers, this would ultimately be the goal - online track-days; a great way of bringing the sim-racing community together. But if there is interest in an open car event then we could change the style of this event as well, and it can still culminate in a 2 hour race at the end! :D

Hello all,

Keep your eyes peeled for links to the mod, track and car (we'll be using the UDP Corvette, alongside the Civic, 370z and Camaro provided by ISI). These shall be posted here soon, with the password to access the server.

All news and further details regarding this event can be found here, and links to external information will also be provided in this thread.

If you want to start early with some offline practice then you can download the required versions of the Nordschleife and UDP Corvette here:
Nordschleife
URD Corvette

You will need to download the Civic, 370z and Camaro provided by ISI, and install them if you haven't done so already. These cars can be found here: http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/
(Note: you will need to install the updated version of the Camaro, and ensure your rFactor 2 installation is up-to-date)

The mod can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8l07isqr54cuejd/RD Nordschleife Fun Race 11-JAN.rfmod

If there are any issues, especially with the download links, then let me know. I will try to rectify the problem ASAP. :thumbsup:

You will be informed when the server is available and updated with the mod. The password will also be shared later.

Last edited:
I can't join the server... is the password : special ?
Make sure you have the URD Corvette, and the Ring installed. The rest can be downloaded via the server.

Click on the GET MOD thing, and the vmod will download. Then it might say you are missing components. Click on GET MISSING COMPONENTS, and it should download whay you do not have.

Both the Ring and the URD Corvette do not support this autodownload, so you have to install them manually.

this one was a great event, i had a lot of fun even if i was running alone for the most of the time, i had a very hard second half of the race when i was trying to set my fastest time and i kept making damage and having to pit for repairs, at the last lap i even lost my front left wheel when i was trying to set a fast lap, fortunately it was the last lap otherwise i think i wouldn't finish the race, which i did... in three wheel... and a big cloud of smoke... :roflmao:
congratulations to Dennis and Rolf for making it to the end with all the wheels, and thank you for the race, i really hope there is another event like this :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%