Nordschleife - laserscanned?

Can't you just put the Ring in but call it "Eifel Circuit" or some such.

That is how Gran Turismo got away with their Cote d'Azur (Monaco) course for example.

Seems a bit weird to not just do that if you can't get an official licence.

Dave

Nope probably not. But you don't have to laser scan tracks to get them good.

For me I've loved driving on the Ring in sims for a long time, well before laser scans and so on.
As long as you don't get something like the PGR2 Ring then you are safe haha... that was terrible :D

Dave

The Nordschleife track in NetKar Pro was great fun even though that was just a conversion. I hate to say it but it's the one track I'd pay for if they can't get it into the main game on time.

I'd gladly pay for a decent 'ring too. I really hate the netkar pro version, even though I am sure some people spent a lot of time on it. It feels like it was modeled for nintendo 64 or something. I'm not talking about the overall graphics - which are great - but the precision of the road surface, that really lacks in definition.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for people who dedicate so much to recreate the circuits for free, but although it was great in rFactor, nkp has much more depth in the feedback and with the low poly it just feels wrong.

I'd gladly pay for a decent 'ring too. I really hate the netkar pro version, even though I am sure some people spent a lot of time on it. It feels like it was modeled for nintendo 64 or something. I'm not talking about the overall graphics - which are great - but the precision of the road surface, that really lacks in definition.
I've only tried the ring in NKP so I've nothing to compare it too. Hopefully the bar will be raised for me with Assetto Corsa.

• Deleted member 165163

I often question why developers dont produce more premium dlc. I would definitely pay a couple of quid for some quality stuff.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back