Nordschleife - laserscanned?

I guess we can't use the higher resolution of the static scanners anyways since there would be needed to much polygons. (The mesh had to be so tight then...) Polygons are pretty big imo where you have enough room for gaps. Even with static scanners.

And when the end result of the digital track is the same .. why pay more than needed?

"look inside our facilites" and "behind the scenes" is all I`m looking for :)
They literally say (emphasis mine):
Dev Blog page said:
"[...] we will be collecting videos, pictures and writing a development diary. Soon we will be sharing with the community “The Making of Assetto Corsa” development blog. [...]"
Which to me looks like an early (now outdated) description of what has become the development blog, from a time when no articles had been published yet.

from the Gamermag Interview that was posted on AC Facebook page:

Gamemag: Fans are wondering if there will be a reproduction of the Nordschleife in LaserScan. We know it's a huge effort, but we believe that it would be an incentive impressive. Many fans of simulators scaricherebbero Assetto Corsa only ride on this historic circuit. We are planning to add the Nordschleife?

Marco Massarutto: I wish I could answer that depend entirely on the sales Assetto Corsa will, because the will is there for us all. However, last week the Nordschleife was officially and finally put up for auction for the problems of insolvency of the company management. The first result is that today, there is no partner with which to address these rights, the second is that much will depend on the availability and the economic demands of the new owners, if and when there will be. Whereas under normal circumstances a licensing agreement can take months so you can feel finalized, in the case of Nordschleife I have not given up hope, but to make short-term forecasts yes yes.

Here is the translated interview with Google Translate, worth a read nonetheless...
http://translate.google.com/transla...ovita-su-feature-e-prezzi-da-kunos_index.html

some thoughts on the accuracy of laser scanning and fidelity of the physics.

A car that is running 150km/h in a track is doing 4,16meters / 0,1secs -> 41cm in 10ms.

So when looking it this way the accuracy to one or two centimeters is irrelevant.

thats why in iracing sometimes the cars are floating over the track or sinking into it, because they are not driving on the visiual graphically rendered road but on a mesh whitch isn't rendered.. and on some points the graphical track isn't 100% alligned with the physical track..
I don't know how it works in AC if there are also 2 surfaces one for graphic and one for the physical contact... or if it is only one

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back