Nordschleife 24 Hour + Nürburgring (Test version)

A post today from DJC:

Here at long last we bring you
Nordschleife 24 Hour Nürburgring (Test version)
Nords + GP combined
smile.png

Sorry for length of time and lack of posts, I've been doing this while doing a full time job.
This version is a beta test version to get your feedback before we release version 2.0. These things could be anything from force feedback to performance issues etc.

A big thank you to mianiak for permission to use his GP track. Would not have been even possible without it. I managed to fit it without too much problem.

The download does not include any other layout, so for now hold on to your Tourist 1.81 version if you still wish to drive that layout. Don't worry, in future versions we will add this layout back in.

It has not been easy, we did bump into a few problems along the way. One problem we found straight away on the GP part is with Z-flickering, where objects like ad boards would flicker in and out of the surface they are attached to. We found the problem is greater with objects further away from centre of the track 0,0,0. In the case of the GP track it's 4km's from this point where Z-flickering is at it's worst. So a lot of time was used up, me moving objects away from each other or even in some cases just deleting the problem object. I even had to hollow out the bridge that crosses the start finish line as it was flashing the in sides of it in and out, was not nice looking. The problem is still there but a lot lot better than it was. You will thank me greatly if you saw how it looked before.

A lot of work was done with the vis-groups removing objects at lower track detail levels, so if you can not run track at full track detail level try lower settings, that should hope bring you some extra performance. Would be interested to know whether people with just 1meg video cards can run track, and like to know if you have to lower texture detail to get track loaded. Remember it's 2 tracks in one.

Tosch did some extensive texture recolouring and replacements. Think he did the road like 3 times now, changing stuff like material settings, spec maps and all that nice shiny stuff we all like to see when the sun is low
biggrin.png
. Big changes to grass on both the GP and Nords track. modified armcos. I'm very happy what he has done.

Tosch bought 3dsimEd3 and set himself a mission to reduced the height of the last of the stone kerbs on the Nords part of the track. All a lot better now. Believe me, that was no small task he did there. He joked “1 million mouse clicks later”
biggrin.png

I had to change mianiak GP track to match the 24 hour layout, changing the 1st few corners and making big change to the NGK chicane. Needed to also modify the pit entrance as with this track you pit from the front not from the back. I swapped out a good number of trees and replaced them with Pleclairs on the GP part.

Happy to say, Tosch did his magic on making all the AI way paths, this includes a left, right path and block path. Special paths were also made for 370z and Clio cars. 100+ garage and grid spaces, 40 pit boxes. He also updated the road side TV cameras with the GP layout.

See picture here the route to follow to start a timed lap without having to do a full lap of the Nords track. You need to do lap of GP track first...

We did try make the AI follow this route too but bumped into a few issues so AI have to do full lap of full track before their timed laps start, but no biggie.
Don't be tempted to use pitlane for shortcut, it will not work.

I'll update 1st post later when I have time.

Full change log click-> HERE

Nordschleife2_v1.99beta.rfcmp [561MB] 25/12/14

Again, a lot of work was put into it, hope you all enjoy

Happy Christmas all, happy playing.

DJC and Tosch

831b8b61-6e7d-43cd-9a2b-e29fea08bd92.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%