Noob transmission question

Apologies off the bat if this is a silly question but I've noticed that the transimssions seem to have probems after 10 or so hard laps. When I shift up there appears to be a delay or slight over rev and when I downshift, sometimes I can't get it into gear. This doesn't appear to be a bug but more like this is by design and I'm driving the cars incorrectly. I first noticed it in the manual transmission cars...BMW e30, then turbo cars with manuals.. BWM M1. I ran an online race last week in the Ruf GT2 where I use my paddles since it has a sequential tranny and by the end of the race, I noticed the shifts weren't as crisp as they were at the beginning.

I do heel/toe almost almost every car. Am I over revving or heel toe'ing incorrectly? I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Raceroom is the only sim where I've seen that behavior from the tranny. Just curious if anyone else has experiend that.

Thanks.

Thanks for replying. No, I did not enable the automatic clutch as the problem occurs in both h pattern and sequential cars. I have all aids turned off. After doing a little research, I may be shifiting too early on my downshifts and stressing the tranny and/or clutch. I went back and looked at some of my replays and noticed tire lock up when downshifting. That may indicate that I'm not slowing down enough before downshifting. If that is the case, then kudo's to RaceRoom for giving that level of detail to their cars as I haven't experienced that in other sims. It also means I need to learn how to drive. lol
I'll do some more testing but like I said, I don't think it's a bug.
Thanks again

I may be shifiting too early on my downshifts and stressing the tranny and/or clutch.

In DTM2013 I've noticed it's very easy to shift down too early. You will see the LCD screen flash red to give you a warning. The solution just seems to be to start braking ... wait ... then start your downshifts. I haven't really tested a lot of the other paddle shift cars but they are probably the same. It's probably realistic.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back