F1 2012 Noob, searched/browsed but can you help me kick it off?

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
hi all,

so glad to be here... been a PS3 racer for way too long, and now i'm setup with an i5 OC rig, so HERE WE GO!
i'm downloading F1 2012 right now from Steam... so here's the question:

what are the first recommendations you think i should consider for modding and all that? i'm hoping to tap into your valuable experience to start it off right. F1 2012 on PS3 was DISMAL. i'm preparing myself to be wowed, so can you help me start strong in terms of modding/hardware configs, etc?

THANKS! iRacing later today too!

hi all,

so glad to be here... been a PS3 racer for way too long, and now i'm setup with an i5 OC rig, so HERE WE GO!
i'm downloading F1 2012 right now from Steam... so here's the question:

what are the first recommendations you think i should consider for modding and all that? i'm hoping to tap into your valuable experience to start it off right. F1 2012 on PS3 was DISMAL. i'm preparing myself to be wowed, so can you help me start strong in terms of modding/hardware configs, etc?

THANKS! iRacing later today too!

Well not to toot my own horn, but my True to Life AI mod has been pretty popular around the site - its basically a consolidation of all the available AI-related knowledge that has been discovered thus far about the game.
I have a version for 2012, and a version for the current 2013 year.
All information can be found here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/resources/true-to-life-ai.50/

Cheers

Hi Welcome to RD, and to the benefits of the PC game i.e modding

I am sure that you will enjoy the excellent mods provided by the talented modders who frequent RaceDepartment :)

I have moved the thread to the F1 2012 general forum. Apart from a limited amount of sticky threads in the mod forum, the mod forum is for mod releases only.

If you have any technical questions about mods and modding, then please post in this sticky :-

Modding Questions

Every mod download has it's own discussion thread as well. So questions and comments about specific mods can be posted in the mod's own release thread.

As long at this thread sticks to a general discussion about the most popular, favourite or recommended mods, then this forum is the correct place for it.

Hardware-wise, there is no specific extra hardware specs required to use the mods. Though you could say that if you are interested in High Definition skins, textures, tyres, steering wheels etc., then a system with a bit more 'oomph' is probably recommended.

Anyway ...... have fun :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years