• 23000+ Members! Dear Guest, join the community on the official RD Discord server today.   learn more

Noob School

Max-Lee911

1RPM
Jul 12, 2015
Hey guys
I just bought my first F1 game recently. I really love the game, although I'm struggling to come up with competitive times (some thanks to bugs, but mostly skill level). So I thought I would put out a tread asking for any tips and tricks to get me and surely others new to the series competitive. Think this can benefit a lot of people in the community.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Brian McManus

Steam: Brian Mac
Sep 22, 2012
Dont rev into the redline and over heat the engine ,
You loose engine power..
It took me awhile to figure that out

Oct 19, 2013
then hours of practise.

Mod edit - leaving this here, as it's a classic instructional video. The majority of videos should be uploaded t
o Racetube

Last edited by a moderator:

Max-Lee911

1RPM
Jul 12, 2015
what kind of stuff are you struggling on? braking? acceleration?
Just any sort of general tips that you think anyone new to the game might find use full. I created this thread not only for me, but anyone new to the game and/or struggling to post good times.
Thanks for all off the replies so far.

humplick

1RPM
Sep 29, 2010
Also work into it. Dont be afraid to drive around each track like a bit of a grandma for the first few laps and build your pace and rhythm. You will start to learn and feel where you can push a little more break a little later with each corner lap after lap. Don't be scared to try a different line into corners as well you might find a different line that works for you