Nogripracing.com gone?

This has gone on so long and no news has been posted I'm starting to get a bad feeling about it.

Where do nogripracing people hang out otherwise? A few are here, some are over at EEC, are any other sites?

Where do nogripracing people hang out
tenor (10).gif

This is as an official response as you're likely to get for now.

Where did it go? - The server contract expired.

Will it come back? - If the owner sorts out a new host and so on. There's a full backup of the data as of when it went offline stored in a safe place, so its not impossible.

How do I know this? - because I'm running servers and things.

please dont PM me about this, I dont want anything more to do with it

Last edited:

Will it come back? - If the owner sorts out a new host and so on. There's a full backup of the data as of when it went offline stored in a safe place, so its not impossible.

Wibble, you're saying you're a person at the data center where nogripracing.com's server is hosted?

I run servers, myself, and have a personal server at wholesaleinternet.net.

Is the contract price very high? I wonder if we members couldn't bail him out and get him moved off?

By your tone it sounds like he's not paid up and has some debt to pay off?

Please feel free to message me I'd like to help if I can.

Very sad news. I noticed problems but thought it was one of those temporary things.

NoGrip goes back a long, long time, back to the days when RSC and BHMS were active.
It became a haven when things turned ugly on RSC, also when BHMS was semi-abandoned.

While the NoGrip forums are no longer as populated/popular as they once were, it's still a very relevant place. There is a sense of familiarity around, with a mixture of old and new faces populating the forums, be it for the technical questions, assistance and discussions, some still also for online racing reunions.
I just recalled that it's also one of the main hubs for P&G, where there are also dedicated forums for it (which are dear to me - I'd miss those if it all became lost).

Most of all, it would be tragic for the whole scene, to have NoGrip's huge files database lost forever (some 15 years of mod files for various titles).
It was already tragic when BHMS and then RSC went down. Dozens of games had files and mods that were only hosted on BHMS. On RSC forums, there were hundreds of threads with valuable knowledge and files attached. It was all lost. I sincerely hope NoGrip doesn't repeat the sad act, and that someone can put it back online again.

Last edited:
It'll be sad if its gone. Like DucFreak said its a massive resource and has so much history. It's the site that really got me into the whole modding and skinning side of sims. I spent sooooo many hours in photoshop designing and recreating car paints.

This happens more the we like and it seems the guy who was running things doesn't care(at least that's the way I read it). We'll miss No Grip until we can find a replacement for the files they had, there are quite a few that had everything they had and more. No Grip will become a fond memory in a little while just like all the other sites that have left the 'net or a ghost town.

No Grip has been a fabulous source for my sim hobby for many years both for informative posts and countless incredible downloads.
I've noticed for some time that the No Grip forums were slowing down, particularly for the older sims like GTL. I realize that this is inevitable as newer and flashier sims become available. Demographic changes also affect this stuff.
I don't really understand the nuts and bolts of servers, server contracts, and all the framework that holds a forum together all I know is at present I feel like my garage burned down.

[QUOTE="Jack Straw, ]No Grip has been a fabulous source for my sim hobby for many years both for informative posts and countless incredible downloads.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. I remember when Blackhole Motor MS and RSC went down and NoGrip became my go to forum and download site.I was member at NoGrip from 2004 as greenie/greenp and must have a couple of hundred posts on the forums.It will sure be missed by me.

I used to spend alot of time on the site and i enjoyed it, before getting banned over a petty reason back in 2009. So personally and maybe a little selfish of me to say this, but i'll be glad if there gone. Most of the Admin had egos the size of Brazil and hatted being corrected if they were proven wrong on a subject and because of that, it made the site toxic but feel bad for you who are still on the site.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 284 13.4%