Nogripracing.com gone?

weird my post got deleted but it was just a picture saying a site is still hosting gtr2/gtl stuff but if you read through this topic others have put a web link to other sites and there posts have stayed?

Last edited:
I have to admit I haven't read the full thread.
What I really, really miss, besides from the vast GTR2 download database, is the GTR2 forums at nogripracing.com with thorough advices on modding, editing files, errors, fixes, etc.
Just found an old chrome bookmarks folder which I simply called "nogripracing forum yum yum" with hundred of links to very good in depth information...Users at nogripracing had a very good community and gave each other thorough guidance on different topics.
Could be nice if the forum as a whole was copied to the forum here.

Very sad news. I noticed problems but thought it was one of those temporary things.

NoGrip goes back a long, long time, back to the days when RSC and BHMS were active.
It became a haven when things turned ugly on RSC, also when BHMS was semi-abandoned.

While the NoGrip forums are no longer as populated/popular as they once were, it's still a very relevant place. There is a sense of familiarity around, with a mixture of old and new faces populating the forums, be it for the technical questions, assistance and discussions, some still also for online racing reunions.
I just recalled that it's also one of the main hubs for P&G, where there are also dedicated forums for it (which are dear to me - I'd miss those if it all became lost).

Most of all, it would be tragic for the whole scene, to have NoGrip's huge files database lost forever (some 15 years of mod files for various titles).
It was already tragic when BHMS and then RSC went down. Dozens of games had files and mods that were only hosted on BHMS. On RSC forums, there were hundreds of threads with valuable knowledge and files attached. It was all lost. I sincerely hope NoGrip doesn't repeat the sad act, and that someone can put it back online again.

NoGrip is a sanctuary for the sim racing community and this guy (DucFreak) is part of it. Long live both!

Well I don't exactly know how do you lot have it with the bring nogripracing back, but in any case, I have a shitload of gtl mod cars and some rally trophy cars to contribute with

Very sad the truth that NoGripRacing has closed. But there have to be other alternatives such as the torrent "they said before", I think Google Drive would be a valid option, in the sense that each user can upload their own creation (mod, track, car, etc.) to their own Google Drive and share the link in the pages or forums as "racedepartment.com".

I do not know, it's my humble opinion. I want to try to give ideas so that we do not miss the files that so many gave us work to create and do not go all the way down the drain.

I leave my greetings to all of you and I hope we can have our files safe from the disappearance of servers and sites so that we can all share and receive the work we do each other.:thumbsup:

(Well... my HDD crashes and all of my GTR2 mods from NoGrip are most likely lost... Now I'm nowhere to find GTL-GTR2, Touring Cars Legend, F1 1988, many more old days Tracks like Fuji '68, and many more car skin, especially car skins that using for a mod cars...)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back