Nogripracing.com gone?

hi, there
been away an awful long time...
a shorter while ago I discovered NoGrip had disappeared...
what a pity!
the HD on the win 7 machine I used to play on died around early 2013... taking with it the partition that was dedicated to GTL, all files, and downloaded mods, cars, tracks and tweaks (including a nicely set up runAff, to exploit my octacore).
That, and the fact work was leaving me very short time to play, caused me to give sim racing up.
Every now and then I do feel nostalgic about it, sooner or later I might start up again, I miss GTL too much.
It's really sad to see No Grip go, though, as, as some have said, it was the great wealth of knowledge and advice in the forum that made it stand out.
(I recall that despite my lack of modding skills, I had contributed with a number of missing car icons... :))
I hope to find the time to get GTL up and running again (I will need to study how to do that here, first), but I must have a number of GTL files saved in other hard disks (pre-2013 files, mods, tracks, cars).
I've seen a few names of the original modders here too!... hi there, sunalp2! hi there DucFreak!

Hello Kenny, thank you for your welcome
I'm actually registered since 2011... but things have changed here too!
good thing I still remembered my username/password...
nice to see some of the NG folks...
I sure have to take a look around before anything else!

I hadn't played GTR2 in a long time, so I went looking for NGR but couldn't find it... I guess I know what happened now, unfortunately. I take it the webmaster couldn't keep up with hosting costs?

My sims of choice today are Assetto Corsa, RF2, and AMS. But back before I was a teenager I used to play GTR2 and NT04 quite frequently. I got all my GTR2 mods from NGR, of course. I fondly remember having lots of fun with the Viper and Corvette dragster mods.

I got all my NT04 mods from BHMS, which is another truly sad loss. Both of these sites occupied a significant portion of my childhood, so it's quite sad to see them go. However, it looks like this website has a nice repository of GTR2 mods. I'll have to take a look around.

As I've written before in this thread, NGR for me was maybe 20% about the files database and 80% about the NGR Forum, especially speaking thorough guides and tweaks of GTR2 *gdb, *hdc. *eng, *tyr, *cas, *car, etc. files.

Instead of copy-pasting to my own NAS, I had a huge load of bookmarks to specific forum pages with those guides and files discussions.

So when I in 2018 re-entered setting up own leagues and small tweaks of different mods, (after ca. 5 years just driving the vast amount of mods as per standard mod files), I met a lack of memory, seeked for my NGR links, and realized NGR was not here anymore, and regretted I didn't put comments in my gtr2-files by then. Setting up mixed class championships/endurance race leagues/24h races is still easy for me, but it was all the details I had to learn from the start again - now without all the NGR forum advices :(

Yes, RD forum has taken over and has some guides as well, but not anyby near that thorough as the GTR2 forum at NGR had :(

Read a couple of years ago that a user had backup of the NGR site.
So if a movement exists with the aim bringing the full historic NGR Forum back, I'll put a dime in the basket.

Last edited:
Have there been any updates or backups posted anywhere?

Sadly the majority of Shift 2 mods are lost forever.
I haven't heard anything although I was only a minor visitor over there at the time.

Have you tried other forums?

Like, European Endurance Center (EEC), F1 Classic, Trackaholics, Sim Racing Mirror Zone, eSport-Racing.de, Festbierbude.de, Koelschbierbude.de, or Altbierbude.de?

Sadly NoGrip was the main resource for Shift2 mods and most can't be found elsewhere.
Hey, i wanna known if someone have tool that was provided by Codemasters to Race Driver 3 RD3CarTool.zip its the file

Officialy made by Codies, but can't find anywhere! on drivingitalia the download is corrupted (0kb when downloaded)
someone has it?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 350 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years