Nodes and Control Points not showing up in Display

Y

Yeek

• Yeek

My new PC isn't displaying the control points/nodes of the track in BTB for editing. It just shows the purple/pink line with no node dots at the ends or the centre. Can't edit the bezier curves or move track nodes as a result.

My older PC running an older graphic card displayed all the nodes without a problem....the new PC is running on an ATI HD4850....anyone knows what I can do to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Yeek

• Yeek

I'm running BTB 0.7.0.2 on XP Home Ed SP3 Ver2002....can't install 0.7.0.4 cos I kept getting an error while installing. Will check the log file later.

I've got Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005 Redistributable all installed.

I keep thinking this is an OpenGL issue as my older PC with another graphic card on same BTB version works fine, but I may be wrong....wrote to them ATI but no response so far.

Attached are 2 pics of my current PC display and the older PC display.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may provide :)

Yeek

Attachments

• ATINoCtrlPt.JPG
    ATINoCtrlPt.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 280
  • nonATIwithCtrlPts.JPG
    nonATIwithCtrlPts.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 313
  • buckets

I encountered this with an older version, it didn't go until I rebuilt my PC. I assume it was driver related, but whatever I did (update, rollback etc) it persisted until windows was re-installed. Although Windows was showing some other minor but annoying issues which the rebuild also resolved.

• Yeek

:(

Hi Brendon,

Thanks for the personal reply :) I 've updated all my drivers including the graphic and mainboard drivers...but alas my node lollipops just do not appear. ATI even told me to go get a FireGL instead for 3d purposes....

At a loss now man....

Yeek

• Yeek

So Difficult!

I just tried to build a local track without the nodes showing, man!!!! It is so difficult!

Still no solution in sight....sigh....

• buckets

As per my previous post - you are probably going to have to re-install windows. I'd suggest creating a new partition and doing a quick windows install on it with just directX, the latest graphics card drivers and .NET 2 so that you can test it. It is almost certainly graphic card driver related, but getting rid of old drivers can be a real pain sometimes, hence when you update you end up with bizarre issues and a clean os install has been the only way I have found to get around this.

A couple of other things to try or check though:
  • Use a driver cleaner app (although in my experience this probably won't solve your issue) then re-install the graphics card drivers
  • You might also get similar issues if your machine was overheating. Have you overclocked it?

• Yeek

As per my previous post - you are probably going to have to re-install windows. I'd suggest creating a new partition and doing a quick windows install on it with just directX, the latest graphics card drivers and .NET 2 so that you can test it. It is almost certainly graphic card driver related, but getting rid of old drivers can be a real pain sometimes, hence when you update you end up with bizarre issues and a clean os install has been the only way I have found to get around this.

A couple of other things to try or check though:
  • Use a driver cleaner app (although in my experience this probably won't solve your issue) then re-install the graphics card drivers
  • You might also get similar issues if your machine was overheating. Have you overclocked it?

Thanks! My machine is not overclocked :)

I will check my node size and if all else fails, will re-install windows (on a spare hardisk 1st) and retry.....too many good things on my existing hardisk to be wiped out....all will need to be reinstalled....

Thanks and cheers!

Yeek

• Yeek

Nodes

I tried increasing the node size a few moments ago....put it to 5 and still no nodes visible. Fed up, I upped it to 50 .... still no nodes.

I quit BTB in a humph and restarted it to tweak the other aspects of my track when suddenly upon loading my track, I was met with huge blue balls all over my track! The nodes are back! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Somehow this installation of BTB zeroed my node size. My other installation of the demo version of BTB n my older PC did not manifest this problem. Despite many times increasing the node size on this new PC, there was no visible change, the nodes were just not there. For this version, 0.7.0.5 on my computer, I had to quit BTB and re-launch it to see the updated effect.

I'm a happy man :)

Thanks to everyone who chipped in and helped me, my track building will be so much easier from now!

Cheers ya'll!

• buckets

Glad you didn't have to re-install windows - I'd have felt real guilty if you had done and it turned out just to be the node size.

• Yeek

Nodes

:):):)

No worries mate! Everyone is pitching in with ideas to help and you did too! :)

If nothing else worked, I would have to resort to doing just that :)

Cheers!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing