No UK style plug with Next Level Motion Platform v3

Hi all,

If anyone in the UK or Ireland has a Next Level Motion Platform v3 did yours come with the style of plug that works in our power sockets?

If not, is it ok to use the European style power cord it did come with but plugged into a converter plug. My concern with using an adapter plug is it won't be grounded.

My first thought was I would just swap the cord for one of my PC power cords, but in the manual it says not to be replacing the cords that came with the system.

Cheers for any help,
Lloyd.

Last edited:
I know nothing about the hardware you bought but does the cable even have 3 cores? (Plenty of kit doesn't these days.) What's on the equipment end of it? A 2- or 3-pin connector?
Main point here: European plugs can carry ground as well but they only have 2 actual pins sticking out; the ground is carried by a strip of metal on the side of the plug (or sometimes a hole instead of a pin). But the good news is that the correct adaptor should still link the UK ground to the European plug's ground. If in doubt, post some pictures.

Upvote 0
Next level racing told me that any decent cable will work, no specific type as long as it fits correctly. Can't remember what I got, but I imagine something like this will be fine.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years