No sequencial shifter in AMS2

Yesterday I reinstalled AMS2 to have a fresh install after the Spa update. It all looks great, and the upgraded FF is a real improvement.
But I have a problem: the sequencial shifter mode doesn't work any more. I have a Podium DD1 with the Formula V2 wheel, and the Fanatec shifter. When I assign the sequencial mode, either with the paddles on the wheel, or in sequencial mode on the shifter, it is recognised in the control options, but doesn't work when I want to drive. It all works normally in rF2 and R3E, but I havn't found any way to get AMS2 to recognise the inputs. Anybody have any ideas?
Shame that AMS2 doesn't have a good old JSON file like rF2 :)

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1234936

Automatic or manual clutch?

Settings in Authenticity?

Does the car in question use H-box?

Sorry if these seem obvious, I've been on and off AMS2 all day, using sequential with no problems.

Automatic or manual clutch?

Settings in Authenticity?

Does the car in question use H-box?

Sorry if these seem obvious, I've been on and off AMS2 all day, using sequential with no problems.
I 've tried both manual and auto clutch, and also with cars that must use paddles. The car where I first noticed it was a group A car, where it clearly states "6-speed sequencial" Normally, when it was working properly, the fanatec shifter in sequencial mode must work. The wheel paddles don't work either, the only thing that works is the H pattern on the shifter, despite the inputs from the sequencial buttons being recognised. Weird, huh?

Last edited:
The Group A cars are manual, and the UI says that as well. The 90's GT1 are Sequential, try with those.
I meant to say that the GT1 cars are sequencial, not the Group A cars. My bad. Still doesn't work though. The control assignments receive the signal, but when you jump into a car and drive, the sequencial shift just doesn't work, not with the wheel paddles, and not with the shifter in sequencial mode. I've also tried it with Formula single seaters, which I don't normally drive, but nothing there either. Very strange.

Last edited:
There is an ongoing discussion on the Reiza forums where people experience similar issues, albeit not exaclty the same, where they can map whatever they want to change gear, but only the paddles will work. So far seems to only happen to Fanatec wheels.

Do you use the Fanatec preset in AMS2? If so, try to use the custom wheel preset and reassign your buttons and calibrate and all that. Would be interesting to see if that solves it, then it might point to a bug in the fanatec preset.

Last edited:
There is an ongoing discussion on the Reiza forums where people experience similar issues, albeit not exaclty the same, where they can map whatever they want to change gear, but only the paddles will work. So far seems to only happen to Fanatec wheels.

Do you use the Fanatec preset in AMS2? If so, try to use the custom wheel preset and reassign your buttons and calibrate and all that. Would be interesting to see if that solves it, then it might point to a bug in the fanatec preset.

Thankyou , that was indeed the problem.
I set the wheel to "custom", remapped all the buttons, and it all works. :)
The paddles on the wheel work, as well as the shifter in sequencial mode. Shame you have to remap the buttons every time you want to change from one to the other, but still, nothing is perfect.
But if they could change it to an rF2 style mapping, where you can map both simultaneously that'd be nice.

Last edited:
Glad to hear. There should be a checkbox somewhere in your Fanatec wheel driver that maps the seq shifter to the paddles, so that you can assign the paddles in game, but use both the paddles and shifter simultanously. AFAIK that should work with any combination of Fanatec hardware, as long as your seq shifter is connected to the wheelbase.

1609700785420.png

Other than that, you could only do what I do and use an external program like Joy2Key to map boith your paddles and seq shifter to a keyboard inputs and then set those keyboard inputs for shifting up&dpown in game.

Last edited:
Glad to hear. There should be a checkbox somewhere in your Fanatec wheel driver that maps the seq shifter to the paddles, so that you can assign the paddles in game, but use both the paddles and shifter simultanously. AFAIK that should work with any combination of Fanatec hardware, as long as your seq shifter is connected to the wheelbase.

View attachment 432981

Other than that, you could only do what I do and use an external program like Joy2Key to map boith your paddles and seq shifter to a keyboard inputs and then set those keyboard inputs for shifting up&dpown in game.
No luck with that one: when I tick the box the sequencial shifter stops working in the sim. Maybe it would work if I went back to using the DD1 profile, but as I map my buttons differently anyway, there's no point. It would be nice though to be able to have more than one wheel profile. I have a second wheel for my DD1, but the button mappings are completely different, so it's a pain to change from one to the other.
I've only had the DD1 a few weeks, I'm still discovering things in the settings, and finding my way around the Fana Lab software.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back