No release until June?

Just seen the new Fanatec deal where purchases of their kit earns a serial code for the tech preview.

They are releasing the codes to customers in May. Which says to me that we won't be expecting the final release until at least June/July time?

A shame but I don't mind the wait. More time to polish and perfect.

The company would receive massive benefits from the tech demo if they release one more car & one more track to learn about & teach us about the whole mod distribution system they plan to implement...

They would also gain a much deeper understanding of performance changes on a wide variety of user PC's with that second car (and maybe even two ghosts) in a nice little multi-player test..

I'm sure you all agree with me, right?

Maybe , but that would still be time taken away from the rest of the development and who knows how they implemented the TD and how much work it would be to put another car or other things into it / packaging it all up.

The TD seems to have served its purpose quite well with them identifying issues they might have missed without it that would have cussed problems or bad reviews if not spotted before full launch.

They might as well just put effort into making 1.0 as good as possible , its clear that AC from the TD has the potential to blow away every other simulator on the market in terms of Physics and FFB so if your a modder you would probably want your project in AC and waiting 2-4 months wont kill you.

Outside of what Kunos do it can take some time to get a game green lit and it make sense for them to launch on steam at the same time , so that might add to time it takes for it to come to market.

In all honesty it doesn't look like RF2 is even as good as NKP when it comes to on the limit driving , i racing is largely there but is very costly and has its own issues , R3E has no "real" racing as is all time trile based and essentially feels like GTR-E with better sound and Pcars is still very much in alpha with its physics.

So its not like AC is going to lose sales to competition by being delayed a few months ( most driving game fans will also buy all the sims regardless) , where as if it releases with issues in net-code or core game then they risk losing a huge number of sales.

That said I'd love to get my hands on it right away , but good things take time !

"In all honesty it doesn't look like RF2 is even as good as NKP when it comes to on the limit driving"
So why did Kunos say that rFactor 2 is doing it right?

Doing what right ?

RF2 does lots of things "right" and has lots of features that are not in other simulators , but driving on the limit is not its strong point , the game encourages repetitive robotic driving and the cars become unpredictable and uncontrollable in situations real world cars would not.

This is why people went crazy over NKP because its one of the few simulators where you can properly control a car on the limit with some slack and quite precise control over slip angle , all whilst having it still being hard to set fast lap-times and maximise speed, Be it the abarth in NKP or the F1 cars in FVA. ( I'm not saying NKP is perfect its not , it just represents something that's lacking from other simulators)

I think many people would agree that even the top end RF1 mods or cars in Gamestock Car for example are all-round better to drive and more believable than the cars currently found in RF2 , specifcaly in aspects of controllable slip angle and how the cars handle on and around the limit.

If you could link me to where Kunos have said that RF2 does driving on the limit right , because I do not recall them ever saying that. Though I'm sure they have respect for ISI and recognize advantages and disadvantages in there implementation.

In such case I really hope RF2 to be finalized soon.
Ah.. Quit whining already! No one cares if you can't work with your best buddy while making your mod.

We have all been waiting this for a long time, but if they feel that they need more time to get things working like they want, then they will take the time. And there is nothing your moaning can do about it, other than annoy everyone else who has nothing to do with making the game..

Sorry for getting pissed off, but enough is enough.

I think Kunos made the release path pretty clear several times.
  1. AC Tech Preview (for NetKar Pro owners, including the Lotus and Magione)
  2. AC Demo (available for FREE for everyone, including more content than the tech preview)
  3. Assetto Corsa Full Game
Too be honest I have never seen a game being released on the originally scheduled date and Assetto Corsa will be no different, no biggy really.

If that means that people will say "OMG, I am not going to buy it now!!!!" that's their loss really.

Simracing Mantra applies here: "Good things come to those who wait" :thumbsup:

From what Kunoz said on his Twitter, AC will be out before September:D Hopefully this September ;)
Great thing in september Pcars will be great and surely other anoncement about other games, Great choice for us, and we know "nothing" about AC multi, other cars etc... just a preview, perhaps the game will be not so good we wish. Most choice is the better way for costumers !!!

Ah.. Quit whining already! No one cares if you can't work with your best buddy while making your mod.

We have all been waiting this for a long time, but if they feel that they need more time to get things working like they want, then they will take the time. And there is nothing your moaning can do about it, other than annoy everyone else who has nothing to do with making the game..

Sorry for getting pissed off, but enough is enough.

If we knew that, I would never announce an AC release that early. we would be working on another (older) platform instead, and probably having some machines ingame.

So I'm pissed off equally. You might not care about my work, it is perfectly fine.
But I do.and there are people who are waiting for it as well.
regardless being on AC or not. They might be a vast minority.
But they are the ones that matter to me.

I wrote about those concerns at AC forums, but resulted to a locked thread with the only advice given to use a public forum instead....:poop:

All in all I would like to keep my promise and release on AC as well.
for all the others who are waiting.

It is not my choice not to wait, I wish I had all the time,
I just can't afford it for real life reasons,
You might not care at all once again,it's understandable but there is no reason to get pissed off
over it.

Last but not least.I do understand their need to fix things out if needed.
But at the same time from the original post, implies it is more like marketing strategy
I don't think The Tech demo is bad enough material for release
quite the opposite it is one of the best racing experience I had.

Too be honest I have never seen a game being released on the originally scheduled date and Assetto Corsa will be no different, no biggy really.

Assetto has already been delayed so... It was meant to be released in late 2012 originally. Then it was Q1 2013. Now it is still spring 2013. If they will delay it again I will kill someone. There is no sim right now that is worth my money besides AC.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.9%