No Rain drops on windscreen and car body

Since S397 released a smaller update after their larger update on June 16, i discovered there is no rain drops that form on my windshield or the car body even though it visually shows it's a strong steady rain!
I made specifically sure my ingame rain setting was set to atleast high even though i know it does still work on low from my past experiences!

I also asked two friends to check and they both expereinced the same issues!

Note: My tests included the GT3 Power Pack, Endurance Pack and the Challenger Pack plus i tested the URD Detroit mod and the results are the same.

I did several searches and came up with nothing on any recent complaints about this so i was hoping maybe someone from here has any news regarding this problem? Thanks in advance for any info! :(

You could look in your userdata folder and clean out the /log/shaders folder. For many this is a common solution to odd graphics issues.

While you're at it you can clean out the cbash folder if you like... these files are used to reduce the track loading times, and if I understand are used in the track physics system.

Not sure if this the root of your problem or not, but have you looked at the post effects level in the initial video options menu before you launch into the sim itself.

I remember at some point having to up the level up to get some of the new DX11 effects ages ago.

Might be worth a look.

Jason.

You could look in your userdata folder and clean out the /log/shaders folder. For many this is a common solution to odd graphics issues.

While you're at it you can clean out the cbash folder if you like... these files are used to reduce the track loading times, and if I understand are used in the track physics system.
Hi Gringo,
After i purchased the new S397 Lemans on June 18 or any new content i always clean out the CBash and Shaders contents to make sure i'am using the latest Shaders so i never thought the need to clean out these folders for a second time so when S397 updated their Le Mans to v1.01 they must have also did a new Shaders update thus the reason why i experienced my problems!

So, big thanks for reminding me to clean out my CBash and Shaders folders because i don't believe i would have done this a second time nor thought was necessary since i just recently cleaned them out.
It's really great to once again experience those beautiful rain drops form on my windscreen & car body.:D

Last edited:
Not sure if this the root of your problem or not, but have you looked at the post effects level in the initial video options menu before you launch into the sim itself.

I remember at some point having to up the level up to get some of the new DX11 effects ages ago.

Might be worth a look.

Jason.
Hi Jason,
Thanks for your suggestion and tried all the Post Processing settings before posting here because it seemed the most logical thing to first try but wasn't the cause of my problem.

Note: I was curious so i performed a test by completely turning off my Post Processing effects and discovered that it doesn't affect the rain drops forming on my windshield or car body so thought you might like to know!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back