No posting after Windows 8.1 / IE 11

Peter

who cares
I can't write a post or comment after upgrading to Windows 8.1

I got this update this morning, but I don't know if that's the cause

KB2884101: Beveiligingsupdate voor Internet Explorer 11 voor Windows 8.1 voor x64-systemen

Installatiedatum: ‎19-‎10-‎2013 10:53

Installatiestatus: Geslaagd

Type update: belangrijk

Er is een beveiligingsprobleem vastgesteld bij een softwareproduct van Microsoft dat invloed kan hebben op uw systeem. Installeer deze update van Microsoft om uw systeem hiertegen te beveiligen. Zie voor een complete lijst met problemen die in deze update zijn opgenomen het bijbehorende Microsoft Knowledge Base-artikel. Nadat u deze update hebt geïnstalleerd, moet u de computer wellicht opnieuw opstarten.

Meer informatie:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2884101

Help en ondersteuning:
http://support.microsoft.com

@Justin Swan

There is a temporary solution.
In the desktop browser go to RD forum and push F12, a tool bar shows at the bottom and you can choose IE10 modus.
I didn't find a way to save this, so I only use it when I need it.

Its getting old I know but stop using Internet Explorer as your default browser. Chrome and Firefox are a lot faster, have less issues and makes your browsing life a lot easier when you are used to them.

"I hear ya Bram" only this morning I had Fanaleds update to v2.1 and IE gave me some BS about the file being unrecognisable, wouldn't let me save the file without going through a number of security options, which you can switch off either, bloody Microsoft :speechless: :mad:

Are you also on the latest version of IE @Andrew Scott?

How about on our frontpage, can you guys comment there without problems? If so, ill have to see if upgrading to the latest version of xenforo might solve it (has to be done soon anyway).

Let me know please :)

Yes Bram I was using IE11 at the time, I was in the same boat as Peter Koch, but no more as I have returned to Firefox ;) :thumbsup:

unfortunately still a large part of our visitors are keeping IE as their standard browsers. Luckily over the years the percentage has declined dramatically but still a significant amount of people keep using it.

Will have to update anyway so this is a good push in the right direction :)

Where do I force you to use another browser? Feel free to keep using IE but then you will run into a non-posting bug on the forums until we have applied a software update.

Why such things only happen to IE is a good question for Microsoft :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 366 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%