No pit stops in v1.0

Alen Pecanin

Premium
if there wont be pit stops in v 1.0, will it be possible to set tire wear to 0? and the same for fuel, so we can race in 100 years without a stop? Also if it will be available in lets say 1.1 or 2.0 or what the next version will be called, will this be a DLC that we have to pay for? or will the DLC stuff just be cars and tracks? so that the pit stop feature is a normal track?

Nothing has changed until a dev officially says its changed. Aris is usually very good at answering questions sent via pm but he hasn't responded when I asked about this. He is all but guaranteed to read this thread and could easily say one way or the other. The fact that he hasn't either means that nothing has changed and by stating this will only make some people mad or it has changed but is a surprise they have waiting for us between now and V1.0. It blows my mind that with all the details to realism the devs put into AC that they would release it without some form of pit stops but there could be a very logical reason for it that only they understand.

As several has said already; pitstops are an essential part of a race, and a fun/interesting part that is. With pitstop strategies (that can be changed over the course of the race) longer races are very exiting until the last car has crossed the finishline.

Was really taken by surprise here (reading the speculations ;)). I just assumed it would be in for the 1.0, if that's the version that will be shipped as a finished product. My own personal ego do not need pitstop animations or very complicated feedbacks from the garage crew. Just a plain text-controlled app, that activates once you find your pitzone etc (compare with LFS/STCC etc). Need to be able to control fuel/tyrechoice/wings/damage/susp/...etc.

The pitlane is there, so I guess at some point it will transfer from placeholder to a functioning garage. Even if time is pressing, I would (like Kevin Watts) expect it to be on the top priority list for updates near 1.0. As a matter of fact, without pitstops, AC will (for me) be half as fun as LFS/STCC, but with functioning pitstops it would carry 10x more value/weight as those just mentioned. I will nevertheless, enjoy Kunos masterpiece for whatever it is/becomes. Just my own few comments on this subject.

As several has said already; pitstops are an essential part of a race, and a fun/interesting part that is. With pitstop strategies (that can be changed over the course of the race) longer races are very exiting until the last car has crossed the finishline.

Was really taken by surprise here (reading the speculations ;)). I just assumed it would be in for the 1.0, if that's the version that will be shipped as a finished product. My own personal ego do not need pitstop animations or very complicated feedbacks from the garage crew. Just a plain text-controlled app, that activates once you find your pitzone etc (compare with LFS/STCC etc). Need to be able to control fuel/tyrechoice/wings/damage/susp/...etc.

The pitlane is there, so I guess at some point it will transfer from placeholder to a functioning garage. Even if time is pressing, I would (like Kevin Watts) expect it to be on the top priority list for updates near 1.0. As a matter of fact, without pitstops, AC will (for me) be half as fun as LFS/STCC, but with functioning pitstops it would carry 10x more value/weight as those just mentioned. I will nevertheless, enjoy Kunos masterpiece for whatever it is/becomes. Just my own few comments on this subject.
The fact that we can drive down the pit lane with a speed limiter and stop at the lollipop guy, shows me that it has to be coming at sometime soon. We just need the contextual menu.

Last edited:
My own personal ego do not need pitstop animations or very complicated feedbacks from the garage crew. Just a plain text-controlled app, that activates once you find your pitzone etc (compare with LFS/STCC etc)

100% with you mate ... pit graphics are good as they are and we just need the menu with pit options ... should not be so difficult/demanding for developers to implement it ... lets hope they include it on v1.0

I would be happy with driving into the pit and have the car served without animated pit crew etc. Just randomized shortest to longest realistic pit stop time and get the car served. And of course just a simple menu at start to plan your strategy. Maybe a pit crew sound in the background. Simple yet realistically simulated without the glossy sparkling stuff. It still does the job.

Maybe some day. :)

Modern day motorsport is designed for pit stops, if you look at most series running today the pit stop can win or lose a race. The reason being most cars and drivers are so close in performance and lap times 1/100th of a second can make the difference, Aussie V8's, Formula 1 tyre stops, even Moto GP ran pit stops for tyres in 2013 I believe, pit stops have become an extremely important part of a race teams strategy, many races are won from the pits.
So for me I would love to see them in v1.0, but if Kunos doesn't consider them a high priority, then we'll just have to wait, wont we.

I cant see Kunos making the community pay for the pit stops update either, will be disappointed if they do.

Cheers!!!

Modern day motorsport is designed for pit stops, if you look at most series running today the pit stop can win or lose a race. The reason being most cars and drivers are so close in performance and lap times 1/100th of a second can make the difference, Aussie V8's, Formula 1 tyre stops, even Moto GP ran pit stops for tyres in 2013 I believe, pit stops have become an extremely important part of a race teams strategy, many races are won from the pits.
So for me I would love to see them in v1.0, but if Kunos doesn't consider them a high priority, then we'll just have to wait, wont we.

I cant see Kunos making the community pay for the pit stops update either, will be disappointed if they do.

Cheers!!!
I don't think they view it as not a high priority, just that they have to prioritize their resources. As I stated earlier, the ground work is there. We just need the menu to go along with it.

h2554EB4F

I don't know how to read that.. is that sarcastic ? .. because yes, I think it will be the best when it comes out :D

You are best to ignore Jamie Shortass, he's the biggest troll on iRacing and hates on every single AC post on the iRacing forums, most people there have him on ignore as he is just a sad attention seeking troll and diehard iRacing fanboy. Even though AC is superior already in many ways to iRacing which has been in development for 4+ years.

gtr2're a true simulation, Assetto arcade game is only.

MOD EDIT - Every post you have made so far is trolling the forums, please refrain or there will be a weeks holiday for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back