No pit stops in v1.0

Alen Pecanin

Premium
if there wont be pit stops in v 1.0, will it be possible to set tire wear to 0? and the same for fuel, so we can race in 100 years without a stop? Also if it will be available in lets say 1.1 or 2.0 or what the next version will be called, will this be a DLC that we have to pay for? or will the DLC stuff just be cars and tracks? so that the pit stop feature is a normal track?

^Dinca: I also think that this topic was maybe made by a mod? since I had "hmmm... a question" in the start...

but anyway, Im pre-ordering it or buying at release anyway.. was just wondering about how long the races could be, since I read that pit stops wont be implemented in V1.0.. looking forward to the game

^Dinca: I also think that this topic was maybe made by a mod? since I had "hmmm... a question" in the start...

but anyway, Im pre-ordering it or buying at release anyway.. was just wondering about how long the races could be, since I read that pit stops wont be implemented in V1.0.. looking forward to the game

Don't know for sure but based on your saying that pit stops won't be in v1.0 that leads me to believe they'd put it in in a later version.

Usually this happens for free, haven't ever heard of a company charging money for updates.

Also the idea of having a "pit stops DLC" seems like price gauging...

André Nascentes
@KunosStefano will AC have the possibility to online driver change? Perfect for endurance

Stefano Casillo
@andrenascentes funny just today we decided for an architecture that will make that easier. But I doubt there will be long races in AC v1.0

André Nascentes
@KunosStefano why?

Stefano Casillo
@andrenascentes because I don't think we'll be able to implement pitstops in time.

ludoche baloche
@KunosStefano @andrenascentes not in the v1.0 but you will implement that after ??? please !!!

Stefano Casillo
@ludochebaloche @andrenascentes hahhaa let's get to v1.0 then we might start thinking what to do next ;)

stefano says he won't be able to implement pit stop in V1.0 , my opinion is it will be free and not a payable content , but he don't say when...

(sorry for my bad english)

Don't know for sure but based on your saying that pit stops won't be in v1.0 that leads me to believe they'd put it in in a later version.

Usually this happens for free, haven't ever heard of a company charging money for updates.

Also the idea of having a "pit stops DLC" seems like price gauging...

Companies don't usually include major features like pitstops in "updates". It would come in the next iteration of the game which you would pay full price for.

It will require work to add pitstops. People usually get paid for work. While I do not advocate an iRacing subscription system, at the end of the day if we want new features and professionally produced content in our games we will have to pay for it.

I suspect that if they're going to charge for anything it'll be cars/tracks/series etc, which is fine by me prsonally. Additions such as pitstops, weather, time of day etc. would probably be seen as continuing development of the core software in my opinion. Not sure how they'd be able to charge for features like that when it would effectively render the versions of people who chose not to pay as obsolete. All the above is my humble opinion of course ;)

No Pit stops? Pit stops are an integral part of racing. It;s where many races are decided. Of course, like everyone else I'll be in line to buy AC the day it comes out, but none of the leagues I race in is going to adopt it until pit stops are available.
Personally, I'd prefer they postpone the launch by 3 months and put at least rudimentary pit stops than launching without them. I'd also gladly pay up to $20 more for them if I was given the choice.

I don't care if there is no pit stop. IMO pit stop killed formula 1 .
I prefer sprint races, or long race ( 2H ) without pit stop, starting with hard slick and have to manage tire and fuel, is adding a better intereset in driving.
[trolling joke]
Pit stop is only for racer who can't pass on the track :D
[/trolling joke ]

Now If you want to do endurance race, le mans series style, I'm ok, but then you need driver swap too :)

Pitstops are extremely important.

I personally am not a fan of short sprint races, I can do ok, but I like longer races (1+ hour) where you have to manage tyres and obviously change them when the time comes.

I don't care if there is no pit stop. IMO pit stop killed formula 1 .
I prefer sprint races, or long race ( 2H ) without pit stop, starting with hard slick and have to manage tire and fuel, is adding a better intereset in driving.
[trolling joke]
Pit stop is only for racer who can't pass on the track :D
[/trolling joke ]

I raced V8 Supercars for a good bit at TPS, the races normally were around 1/1h10 long and needed one pitstop on "Sprint" compound... A lot of people who were used to driving extremely agressive as per the norm was back in the Race07 days got shocked by the tyre wear and instead of losing 1 second by halfway, they lost 2-3 seconds a lap. That played a lot on a few guys strategy, some were trying 2-stoppers without success (traffic and very low speed limit of V8 Supercars in the pits), so if you wanted to win, you had to know how to drive smoothly and not lock up in every single braking zones. Some would qualify in the top 5 and finish outside the top 10 because of their tyre wear.

Tire wear is one very important aspect of racing and the ability to change tires is definitely needed for longer races. Perhaps the tire wear is off or the races are so short in the first version that the tire wear will not be a problem.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back