ARCA Sim Racing

Monday June 15th 2009 @ Daytona International Speedway

xeh5hd.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Track: Daytona International Speedway
Day/Night: Day to night (4:00 PM starting time with 5X timescale)
Practice: 19:00 GMT
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (4 laps)
Warmup: 19:40 GMT
Race: 19:45 GMT (60 laps)
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Entrylist:
  1. James Johnson
  2. Patrick van Driel
  3. Gareth Hickling
  4. Steven Palmer
  5. Bram Hengeveld
  6. Roy Stevens
  7. Ingemar Petersson
  8. Bert Van Waes
  9. Eric Martel
  10. Christopher Aponte
  11. Bjorn de Haas
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
  30. Driver

Great race again, My qually lap was not that good but in race the pace was ok and not pitting in the second caution even brought me to the lead.
But then the restart i was driving on butter tyres and was 5th in no time :)
Then in another caution i think i was punished for speeding in pitlane (I guess ? ) and was moved back to last place :(
So another smart moment by myself was not to pit the next caution to move up to first again :party2: But those tyres where finished before the pace car went in , itried to hold on but thats impossible and was last again .I made a pitstop and was hoping for a last caution and using that to move up again ,but nobody pitted and there were not much laps to move up with my better tyres to the rest. I could pass 2 cars in the last 3 laps and that was it.
Thx for the fun and cya at Daytona.

This works for rFactor too, but i guess it should seeing as its the same platform.

I used when i`m setting up my NSS trucks. It can be used with any car on any track, but was obviously designed for Nascar type racing.

Its brilliant all the same. I was sick of finding a good base setup, then ruining it and not being able to get it back. With this, it tracks your changes so you know what you`ve done :)

Its not the multiplayer.ini that needs editing its the "username".plr file
Obviously you need a profile already there to have a profile folder.

Ive just tested that dedicated player profile I sent you last night Bram and its working fine with no Parc ferme on my home server.

Maybe as I named it Dedicated player profile wasnt loaded when you fired up the server? Thats the only thing I can think of, Working great here.

• Bert Van Waes

yep in too, a regular monday evening this is getting to be like.:dance2:

Ahh I forgot to post here after the race,
Well it was another superb race once again, 2 wide at times for 5-6 laps excelent! I was running 2 wide with Roy for a few laps trying to go around the outside of him, We were approacing the car infront pretty dam fast so I just kept my foot planted and thought Roy will back off. No such luck! All I hear is " Your 3 wide in the middle!" Eek! my worst nightmare Midcorner and stuck in the middle. We all held it together tho and we came out without the slightest bump, ( well Roy lost the rear but held onto it) Man that was AWESOME! :D :D I must say we have only had 2 races back here in the club but lots of you look like you were born trackside at an oval, Great driving!

Congrats James and a superb choice for the next event!

I can see there are still rules some people do not understand but thats OK, Its a learning curve.

The main ones

Lucky Dog: If you get a lucky dog drive around the outside of all the cars and get a lap back. Yep one back for free!!!

End of longest line (EOLL): Usually given to you for speeding in pit lane, Sometimes it looks like you have been given it randomly but the sim is only waiting till the final caution lap to issue them out to you.

Other than that its been superb so far! Now for a different challenge! Daytona, Day to night race! Awesomeness!

• Bert Van Waes

Yeah this was one of those rare awesome constantly races....

The whole practice my car didn't feel responsive enough, allthough i used the same setup as many more of us that day... I decided to let James take a look at it and he came up with a single, easy yet so effective solution i was impressed. Only problem was the right front, but knowing we are running this just yet there will be some yellows, i thought, haha.

And there were.

Starting on the grid in 5th i think, i had a good qualify, tx to James again ;)

The race itself went supersmooth and had alot of close racing with Garreth i believe, a greyish car at the front.
Boy o boy, everybody flew in this one. Although Bjorn had a crash in the beginning he could come back, smd else too, a yellow flag later... With the ten of us we raced towards the end.

I still was very clean at what i was doing, only had three bumps in the whole race and those were just some minor going wides against the back end wall.

But than it happend, i was 6th and Stevens 5th. Already running neck by neck with him since last yellow 20 laps earlier. Amazing moments packed with adrenaline we were flashing towards the last lap... I made a braking mistake and rammed him quite hard in the left back end... Spinning us both... Causing yellow and the 15 mins longer race time :s
I finished 7th.
Sorry Roy for that mate. I think i smelled a gap coming up but it didn't.:loser:

anyways. This is one quality sim, me thinks. and tx offcourse to y'all eh:rotfl:

Greets

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years