No optimal performance

Hello everybody,

I have GTR Evo (Race07) with many custom cars and tracks, but I'm having a little trouble with the performance. First of all I can't run the graphics at High (running Mid at the moment) and sometimes the graphics shock and do not run smoothly...but why? What are the PC-specifications to run at full graphics?

Here my Data:
Pentium 4 @ 3.0 Ghz
3 GB RAM
1 TB WD Caviar Green HD with 32MB Cache
512 MB Sapphire Ati Radeon X 1650 Graphics Card
Windows XP Professional SP3 running @ 1920 x 1080 @ 32 bit

GTR Evo running at 1920 x 1080 @ 32 bit
Internet Connection and all unused software turned off during GTR Evo

Whay are the graphics still shocking?

Thanks a lot,
Peter

I would say its your processor. That processor is pretty ancient in modern terms. I suggest upgrading to a dual core processor (or even quad core if you can afford it). I did this after trouble with my copy of Race 07. It has definitely helped to speed up the game and graphics. ;)

It is caused by the ATI card. Try an NVIdia or newer ATI. I have had it before with my X800 GTO, I took a cheap NVidia to test it and stutters gone.

You can still get some stutters but these are ISI related, many people have them but the bad ones you talk about i think they are related to your Ati card.

• Ingo Voellinger

What are the PC-specifications to run at full graphics?

With my c2d 2*2,67 ghz and geforce 8800 gt, race 07 runs well at medium settings (exept high textures and low shadows).

So i would say for max settings you would need a c2d 2*3,2 ghz and maybe a radeon 4850 or 4870.

ok, thanks for the answers so far. The Processor is indeed not new anymore....the graphic card is not that old though....aren't there any solutions for the problem with these cards? New Drivers orso?

The resolution you're trying to run at is way too high for that card. My friend has that same card, but with much more powerful quad core CPU. He can only go up to 1280x720.

Try turning down the resolution and crank up the AA and AF.

Even if he lowers the resolution I still think he gets stutters, I had it too. He can try is first, for me Macau was the circuit to test it.

Indeed AF and AA are frame killers, maybe try settings as low as it can then slowly adjust the settings to a decent level. If you have stutters at lowest setting then you have a problem ATI card like I had.

Try turning the special effects and shadows down as low as possible at first then seeing if the problem goes away or not. If it does increase until the problem returns - remember also that if your racing against AI your processor may struggle which can cause some stutter and lag which is not graphics lag but can look like it is.

You could also look at the maximum visible vehicles setting, because if there are less cars to display your graphics card will not be working as hard - bear in mind though that truning down the maximim visible vehicles can mean that cars suddenly appear on track when the game decides to display a car that it wasn't displaying before.

I personally have found these settings to have the greatest effect on graphics lag/stutter on older/lower spec machines (which mine are) - let us know what you find, good luck and welcome to RD.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%