F1 2013 No more tier movement during seasons

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I for one is glad that there is no more moving up and down tiers for teams during the seasons. You can now easily change the team tiers yourself in the database.:thumbsup:

Depends on how you see it: In 2012 you had to track which team ended in which position to get the new tier. But you were be able to get Marussia or Caterham to Tier 1. Now you don't have to track anything but Marussia will suck forever and you have to switch to a top team. Personally for me in 2013 it's more boring.

I don't see why this feature corrupted a career.

I just simmed through 2.5 seasons in career and can confirm it's true. No more tier switching. :laugh:

I can see the argument for and against keeping and removing this feature but it wouldn't be so difficult for CM to include the option to have it active or not so everyone can have the career they'd like. But hey, this is CM we're talking about and implimenting a single feature would only introduce a load more bugs. :roflmao:

Nice to know, thanks. I won't stick at McLaren then, just bounce to a top team.

I'll put myself on record saying that I liked the tier movement. No point sticking with the Marussia's of the world if they will continuously suck. Well I guess they still suck haha.

Mid-tier teams tend to move up and down all the time in F1. Even this year McLaren isn't a top team, more like a top mid-field team. I liked that about CM's games.

No need to wonder or test this because it has been confirmed by CM that there is no tier movement.

I prefer it so I can change the team tiers the way I like and not let the game decide who goes up or down.:D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 118 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 63 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.6%