No mention of the driving experience so far

I'm a bit disappointed that most of what I have seen and read is about visuals. I was really hoping to get a sense of how the driving experience feels.

Has anyone seen/heard any feedback regarding that? I'm curious to see how they dealt with wet conditions as this is an area where many sims have had challenges. Also curious to see what enhancements have been made. Guess I'll have to wait a bit for that.

Feedback from christopher zoechling(drove lambo earlier this year 24h dubai/bmw gt3/porsche cup and former gt3 blancpain lambo driver)
impressions starts at 22 min - 3hours: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/309482853

-Track elevation is good, details "bits and bumps" are missing compared to iracing
- curbs are off compared to real life, to flat
- handling ok, not blown away
- sound 8/10
- Tire skid sound is way to loud/unrealistic, you dont hear tire sounds insight the car at all (only in road cars)
- graphics: iracing looks more realistic gets colours better, to saturated
- reflection in the window is to much
- "75% bake bias???" changes it to 64% ("feels way better...")
- starts comparing laptimes to real life (1:54) and iracing (1:50 "jesus christ")
- why does every sim drive so difficult, "its not as difficult as sim devs make it out to be"
- "There is no light here in real life, no Assetto Corsa no! Watch the nurburgring 24h race stop adding light when there is no light, if you want to make a sim give us a sim and do your research"
- "2. half of the track, no light good job!"
- points out various FPS issues day/night/ replay mode
- Points out a curb that you can take in real life without spinning, "AC the way you handle curbs is a litte mhh, there is a bump there in real life but not that bad"
- game is 6.5/10 at the moment for him
- he will fire up AC/iracing the next time and compare it
normal rain: starts to run the real life wet lines and runs the dry lines afterwards in comparison
- "no grip why is there no grip" "touching the white line or curb should kill you, nothing happens here"
conclusion: wet line is slower, dry line is a lot faster (3.2 sec faster) "its fun im enjoying myself but its unrealistic"
- FFB feels good, nothing amazing
- AI has a good pace (100/100 skill/aggro), starts a overtaking challenge by starting from behind "oh i like the ai" (ai defending) "oh im really enjoying this btw"
- "This is growing on me, earlier i wanted to quit and now im driving again, it definitely got something im enjoying this"
- Schumacher S has a model error, there is no bump touching the gravel with 2 wheels kills you
final rating 6.5/10, iracing is the benchmark 9/10
Looks like there is much work needed for ACC. Lets hope Kunos listens to real race drivers feedback.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.7%
  • < 5 years