No mention of the driving experience so far

I'm a bit disappointed that most of what I have seen and read is about visuals. I was really hoping to get a sense of how the driving experience feels.

Has anyone seen/heard any feedback regarding that? I'm curious to see how they dealt with wet conditions as this is an area where many sims have had challenges. Also curious to see what enhancements have been made. Guess I'll have to wait a bit for that.

First impression from Shaun. Start at 31:17

Awesome,thanks for the link! I expected a lot more of a frenzy about this game so I'm surprised there isn't more chatter.

Props to Kunos for making UE4 work. A few other sims seem to have toyed with it and for whatever reason couldn't make it work. They have done a great job turning many casual racers into simracing fans. Myself included.

Assetto singlehandedly made me fall in love with Porsche.

I'm a bit disappointed that most of what I have seen and read is about visuals. I was really hoping to get a sense of how the driving experience feels.
I wouldn't expect reliable information based on the E3 demo. Wheel setup is a personal thing and this generic setup is going to mean people in the know won't be able to properly evaluate the driving experience. I think we're going to have to wait until early access to get some valuable feedback on driving.

Unless kunos was to bring in sim racing guys before EA drops to do some promotion.

I think Shaun, and @Turk said it best at this point not wanting to comment about physics.
There's just too many different variables with an E3 booth setup that results in different opinions.
It's just best if we wait until EA is sitting in our HDD to form an opinion on our own rigs.

When will we get any info on what has changed on the FFB & physics front?

Antonela Pounder said it will feature an evolution of the physics engine already used in Assetto Corsa, completely independent from UE4’s built in physics.

Information no doubt she got from Stefano, so this tells me ACC will be improved and if you enjoyed AC physics you can expect it will be very good.

FFB is a very personal thing with so many fine tuning options between your wheel, the game, and control panel that it's up to you to find your sweet spot with any game. If the underlying physics are great, the FFB will follow suit.

I confirm! The physics will be very similar to that of AC1 but obviously with improvements, one of which is the passage on the curbs that with ACC will be much more realistic. In fact, on AC1 it seemed to pass on mountains. The big work they did on the rain, but on the dry more or less it is very similar to AC1, as can also be seen from the videos released so far

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%