F1 2012 No Logo's on gloves [Career]

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Anyone know why this is happening. Here is an example of Kimi's gloves on Quick Race, and mine, or Grosjeans gloves on career mode, no logos. Could there be different files for career & quick race? Any help is appreciated.

Quick Race
logojuu.jpg

Career
eilogoo.jpg

I am sure there was something written about this before somewhere. :cautious:

Anyway, I think it is because in quick race you are playing as one of the actual drivers, so you get logo gloves.

In career you drive as yourself, so you don't get logo gloves.

I think that's how the theory goes (i.e intellectual property rights) ..... :O_o:

That doesn't make sense, and the other topic had no pics and had a narrow description and no answer. I'm 2 times WC on F1 and I don't have sponsor gloves because...? But I'm sure there could be a way to put the quick race gloves for the career :)

I don't think its impossible to do this, but its hard (for now) and may have some bad results.
Let me explain...
Theres a way that im almost sure it will work:
1 - Go to the folder Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2012\characters\models
2 - Rename the driver's name.pssg (the one you want the gloves) to higbody_glovescareer_driver.pssg (backup the original)
3 - Rename higtxt_driver_name.pssg to higtxt_career_driver.pssg
Then probably it will work, but theres some problems. Maybe you will look like the driver you selected and maybe even use his helmet. The other way is to open this files and remove the files you don't need and also edit the parameters to work as you need. I'll try this second method but later, for now im focused on some other mods like fixing the SC, improve the AI, try to change the game effects (braking smoke), try to make a helmet cam (a view inside the driver helmet) and change the sounds then i'll probably look at the gloves. Lets hope somebody fix the gloves first :p

Thanks, also, on a completely unrelated topic, I singed with Lotus after a year with Ferrari, and Catherham's are 3 seconds faster than me, lol what?
Ferrari is faster than Lotus, and i can't say the difference is so little. I did exactly the same as you, from Ferrari to Lotus. While i was getting pole on almost all tracks with Ferrari, it isn't the same story with Lotus :(
But its fine, now i can overtake 4 cars at the first corner before going to first place! lol
Damn CM and their race starts.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back