No Licenses for the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Hello,

Sorry for not being able to deliver licenses at the moment. There have been some serious problems and I am working on getting things back up and running as soon as possible. It may still take a few more days before I can get the license generation side of things running again.

Sorry for the delays.

My problems started with a RootKit virus that could not be removed and that had infected the BTB website and several hard drives. (I should have listened and not kept using IE6!!)

After many attempts to remove the virus using different tools I eventually gave up and ordered a new hard drive with the plan to reinstall Windows and continue afresh.

Unfortunately the new hard drive gave up after a few days use and I am going through the motions of getting it replaced.

In the meantime I went back to the old virus-infected hard drive, but this hasn’t turned out well either. It appears that the virus checker has disabled the RootKit virus, albeit in a drastic fashion; the hard drive no longer boots at all.

Whilst I keep regular backups of the BTB source, I didn’t keep a copy of the latest license generation software key. This means I can’t get the licenses generated until I get access to the hard drive, hence this may take a few more days to sort out.

Again I apologise for the inconvenience and hope to have things back to normal again within a few days.

Regards,
Brendon.

Thanks for the concern guys!

I am back up and running, almost got all of the old programs reinstalled (amazing what you collect over the years).

Next on my list of things to do is get back to replying to everyone's emails again and continue work on the next release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 259 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.4%