No hotkeys for tyre selection on keyboard

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Niagara, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Niagara

Niagara

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I am a newbie and encounter a problem in career mode. I play F1 2012 PC version.
    In short: I use my keyboard to drive into game.
    My problem is : When I need to change tyres for whatever reason - Wet, used ...- I have no programed hotkeys to ask and choose tyres before or into pit.
    On the manual its only shown the use of a pad or a steering wheel, so, How to ask and change tyres when in game with my Keyboard ?
    Thanks to help me.
    Sorry for my horrible English... :)

2. emppu

emppu

Ratings:
    +15
    I used to use a keyboard for F1 2011 until last week I got a wheel so I can sympathize :)

You should be able to go into the settings where you assign various keys to different functions. I believe there are 4 options called D-pad left/right/up/down (or something like that I can't check right now). I just had them assigned to 4 keys like I/J/K/L that form an arrow-key like shape. Then in a race push one of them and the menu for brake bias, tires and fuel with pop up.

3. Niagara

Niagara

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for response Emppu, I did not realize I can customize these controls and the manual is no help.
    I will check if that works for me (Why not ?), and I let you know the results.

4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    Retired Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,152
    It is definitely in the controller settings.

I think they default the keyboard to 1,2,3,4.

If you play FPS games, you might prefer WSAD, but you can choose what you want for sure.

5. Niagara

Niagara

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for suggestions, It worked perfectly now. I use WSAD. :)
    At first, they were not assigned at all...