F1 2014 No fullscreen bug

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Today I've started the game and when the F1 2014 logo appeared (before it goes to fullscreen) I've accidentaly clicked to another window. The then the game started in windowed mode instead of fullscreen and now I can't even switch to fullscreen mode. I've tried Alt+Enter too but it goes to fullscreen only for a moment then switches back to windowed. Can someone help me how to solve this?

Hi

1/ Browse to your F1 2014 config folder in My Documents

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\FormulaOne2014\hardwaresettings

2/ Open the hardware_settings_config.xml file in a good text editor like Notepad ++

3/ Edit the line below to match your system, edit the screen width, height and fullscreen setting (true)

Code:
    <graphics_card update="true">
        <directx forcedx10="false" />
        <resolution width="1920" height="1080" aspect="normal" fullscreen="true" vsync="1" multisampling="8f16xeqaa" oldWidth="800" oldHeight="600">
            <refreshRate rate="100" />
        </resolution>

4/ Ensure you re-save the file as an .xml file (which is why I said use a good text editor above), whatever you use, don't let it save as a .txt file.

5/ You should be good to go :)

Hi

1/ Browse to your F1 2014 config folder in My Documents

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\FormulaOne2014\hardwaresettings

2/ Open the hardware_settings_config.xml file in a good text editor like Notepad ++

3/ Edit the line below to match your system, edit the screen width, height and fullscreen setting (true)

Code:
    <graphics_card update="true">
        <directx forcedx10="false" />
        <resolution width="1920" height="1080" aspect="normal" fullscreen="true" vsync="1" multisampling="8f16xeqaa" oldWidth="800" oldHeight="600">
            <refreshRate rate="100" />
        </resolution>

4/ Ensure you re-save the file as an .xml file (which is why I said use a good text editor above), whatever you use, don't let it save as a .txt file.

5/ You should be good to go :)

It worked! Thank you for helping me :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 76 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 48 6.3%