No full manual in mods

I've noticed in a lot of mods that I can't fully use the clutch. In base cars, like the formula vintage, if you dont clutch in on shifts, the transmission slips and grinds or stalls, like it should. But in a lot of mods this doesn't happen. Even when I have full manual mode selected and auto clutch disabled, it still doesn't require a clutch to shift, it's like semi auto. Does anyone know what effects this? Is it something in the mods, can it be fixed?

Most mods are likely quick conversions from older games that didn't support al the AMS features. You should be able to add this, as far as I'm aware.

Check out a mod that does have it and compare its physics file (.hdv) to a mod you'd like to adapt.

I've noticed in a lot of mods that I can't fully use the clutch. In base cars, like the formula vintage, if you dont clutch in on shifts, the transmission slips and grinds or stalls, like it should. But in a lot of mods this doesn't happen. Even when I have full manual mode selected and auto clutch disabled, it still doesn't require a clutch to shift, it's like semi auto. Does anyone know what effects this? Is it something in the mods, can it be fixed?

The Reiza cars are all done properly. Mods may or may not be depending on how much effort the modder put in.

Without naming the mod, no one can confirm one way or the other.

The Reiza cars are all done properly. Mods may or may not be depending on how much effort the modder put in.

Without naming the mod, no one can confirm one way or the other.
Here's one of the mods where it doesn't work. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-legends-racing.21028/ Great mod, but the lack of clutch really hurts it. Similarly, here's one that I converted to ams and uploaded. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/canam-1971.14090/

Most mods are likely quick conversions from older games that didn't support al the AMS features. You should be able to add this, as far as I'm aware.

Check out a mod that does have it and compare its physics file (.hdv) to a mod you'd like to adapt.
Like you say, I'm sure theres something in the file that adds that, but that's what I'm asking about. I dont know which part it is.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back