No front tyre lock up?

Hi all,

I am currently trying to find a setup for Oschersleben with the Mini. Looking at the brake balance I am currently at 70:30 get full on the brakes at the end of the straight and do not get locked up, I am a little suprised (but braking does not get better, what I would have assumed)!
are the Mini brakes not strong enough (am at 100% brake pressure)?

Basically it's impossible to lock up the brakes in the Minis. Believe me, I can shove the brake pedal down as hard as I can, and the brakes will not lock at all. I think it's got something to do with the simulation aspect - don't Mini challenge cars have ABS fitted? I've seen a race on TV here in Australia and the commentators mentioned that they have ABS... :question:

I am already reliefed that you have recognized the same. I mean it is not really my aim to lock them up, I was just hoping to increase the brake force while moving the balance to the front and was trying to find the limit when they lock up to go then a little back!

I doubt that they have a default ABS on, as the rear tyres do lock up.

don't Mini challenge cars have ABS fitted? I've seen a race on TV here in Australia and the commentators mentioned that they have ABS... :question:

Yes the Mini Cooper Challenge always uses ABS and a fixed gear ratio too by the way. A German Mini Challenge driver told us they only used the sixth gear during their race on the Nordschleife. The rest of the tracks they leave the 6th untouched

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 357 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%