F1 2010 No Force Feedback. Help!!

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I have a huge problem with my wheel. I have no FFB at all. even though i have it in settings and all. It comes back sometimes but just for a short time. When i played before it worked perfectly but since i reinstalled windows and everything on my computer it's messed up.
Maybe I have the wrong driver. I have a Logitech Driving Force wheel. Originally for PS2 but it workes with the right driver. What driver should I use? I now have the driver for the Driving Force GT wheel. Only that FFB don't work :(

I know its easy to suspect software/driver/PC issues, but make sure your power supply connector is on properly, or isnt showing signs the connectors/wires are defective. These things can shake lose, and wear and tear.

Hope you get it sorted.

I had a problem like this, when I upgraded from windows XP to windows 7.
No drivers for windows 7 for FFB other than that it worked. So my choice was to buy a new wheel or go back to XP.
It was an old wheel, that was my problem anyway!

Try to reinstall your windows once more, Do a fresh install of F1 2010 Ofc and a fresh install for the DFGT get the latest drivers from the Logitech site http://logitech.com and it should work, If this doesnt work it must be a problem with the wheel itself or some of its wires, If you still have warranty on it don't mind using it! Just send an email to Logitech or call them for this. Good luck!

If you know someone close by who also has a DFGT, try swapping the wheels. If the problem travels with the wheel, you have it isolated to the hardware. If the problem stays with your machine, you know it's the device driver.

You really, really want it to be the device driver. If it isn't, the next question is do you still have warranty? If not, your best hope is a connection issue, which considering how much vibration these things have is a reasonable guess. A wire can look properly soldered yet still be marginal; you'd need a multimeter to test each connection. If it's the case that you get either all the FFB effects, or none at all, then you're probably looking for a problem with the control input line.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 129 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 136 13.9%