No Ferrari , No Australian GP

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

The first threat has been made to the FIA and FOM that a race will be cancelled if the continued bickering between the FIA And FOTA causes the big manufacturers to form a breakaway series with the chairman of the Australian Grand prix saying, no Ferrari, no race!

Ron Walker, who is a close friend to Bernie Ecclestone, explained to the Australian press that without Ferrari’s participation in the event, it would lose its biggest attraction to the international media, therefore limiting the amount of exposure for his city.

"If the disunity continues Melbourne will seriously consider its position on continuing with Formula One," he was quoted as saying in the Age. "Without Ferrari racing in Melbourne (it) will lose much of its glamour and therefore the Government investment will come into question."

Walker then went on to call for Max Mosley’s resignation from his role as head of the FIA after he went back on an agreed deal with FOTA on Wednesday. According to Walker, Mosley will end up killing the sport if it continues in this fashion.

"In my view Mr Mosley should walk away from the sport with dignity rather than slowly strangle to death the great brand of Formula One. The sport needs fresh and dynamic leadership more than ever before to lead F1 into a new era of motor racing. Bernie Ecclestone is absolutely trying to be a peacemaker, but if the most successful automotive companies in the world will not agree to the rules laid down by the FIA then that will be the end of it."

The tread of a breakaway from the F1 is living a second live after this.

• Andrew Evans

back to adelaide, back to adelaide, back to adelaide, back to adelaide, back to adelaide

that would be great but is it not already Bulldozed for Housing Bram ?

:th_woot: What?? No!! How dare you even ASSUME such a thing. :curse: :D

Urban sprawl is getting closer to the track, but it's nowhere near shutting down. They're talking about plans to revamp and extend the track to keep the V8s there... all they need is approval for funding from the Government. It'll still be too short for F1 though. :D

Believe me guys, I live 40 min. away from the track, and it's still going strong. :wink2:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back