No engine sound on some cars

Hey all,

This is probably an old story for most of you, but I haven't played Assetto Corsa for very long time, just getting it setup and installing great mods like SOL. Everything is great, but I thought I would take the street mustang on rip through LA Canyons but there was no sound, tried the street corvette, nothing. Thought maybe street cars don't have sound so tried the Porsche 962 C short tail and no sound there either.

Did some google searches, found there where issues with mod sounds after some official patches, but really all the mod cars have sound for, it's a lot of the official kunos content. Saw something about Kunos breaking sound on some cars on their last patch and you have to download sound mods if available. Is this true or is there a fix for this?

Sorry for the noob question.

For one or other reason ( surely a car mod replacing original sounds files ) you lost some original AC sounds.
The easier way to get them again is simply checking the game files integrity in Steam.
I suppose you know how it works ?
Files will be checked and missing or wrong files or spoilt files will be redownloaded automatically at the end of the process.

For one or other reason ( surely a car mod replacing original sounds files ) you lost some original AC sounds.
The easier way to get them again is simply checking the game files integrity in Steam.
I suppose you know how it works ?
Files will be checked and missing or wrong files or spoilt files will be redownloaded automatically at the end of the process.
I have the same issue with the Ferrari SF70H, I checked through Steam and it downloaded 3 missing files, the audio still doesn't work tho...
I checked the sfx folder and I still have the original .bank and GUID files so I don't really get why it doesn't work...

I have the same issue with the Ferrari SF70H, I checked through Steam and it downloaded 3 missing files, the audio still doesn't work tho...
I checked the sfx folder and I still have the original .bank and GUID files so I don't really get why it doesn't work...
Delete the GUIDs file. Kunos car with default sounds doesn't need that and it makes the sounds not work

Last edited:
Delete the GUIDs file. Kunos car with default sounds doesn't need that and it makes the sounds not work
I followed all of these steps and the audio still doesn't work
I deleted the sfx folder then verified the files to get the correct sound file, and verifying didn't create the GUIDs file that you are supposed to remove

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.7%
  • < 5 years