No driver names in VR?

Hi guys. I was on the practice server yesterday and couldn't seem to get the floating driver names enabled when using VR. Is this a known issue or is there some silly trick to getting it done?

Hi guys. I was on the practice server yesterday and couldn't seem to get the floating driver names enabled when using VR. Is this a known issue or is there some silly trick to getting it done?
They're disabled in VR.
The problem is that due to the way the R3E gfx-engine works, all text-overlays will run at a flat 60fps. Which will result in instant motion-sickness. :)

They're disabled in VR.
The problem is that due to the way the R3E gfx-engine works, all text-overlays will run at a flat 60fps. Which will result in instant motion-sickness. :)
Ah-ha, thanks Lars. Does that include the banner messages that pop up about penalties, DQ's and fuel? (They're not disabled.) What about the position bar? Or is it just things like driver names and text chat?

Ah-ha, thanks Lars. Does that include the banner messages that pop up about penalties, DQ's and fuel? (They're not disabled.) What about the position bar? Or is it just things like driver names and text chat?
Not sure, tbh. I know it also includes the UI itself (less important since the car presumably isn't moving while looking at that), but other than that I'm a little clueless.
I would assume (read: half-assed guess) that it only applies to anything that includes changeable text, such as position-bars, but wouldn't include just straight pop-ups, since they're basically just one more image on-screen.

I would assume (read: half-assed guess) that it only applies to anything that includes changeable text, such as position-bars, but wouldn't include just straight pop-ups, since they're basically just one more image on-screen.

Ah, that might explain another issue I was having. With the full position bar displayed, I can see people's names but the timing gaps which are usually beneath them in black are completely greyed out. I guess that's because they're dynamic and have been disabled then. (I actually like this, as before I was getting far too caught up in closing/increasing gaps rather than just driving as fast as I can, and it was leading to mistakes.)

So all in all, the only moving text/numbers I get onscreen are the motec, session time, and lap time. I suppose they kept these as they're important, and are only glanced at occasionally.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back