No Download Section?

Hello, got F1 2011 and I remembered this site from when I was playing F1 2010. I come here and its completly different, can't find a downloads section, and the mods are just a big stream of crap, nothing is organized or anything.

A few things, are they any mods to increase the number of flashbacks? I am rather absent minded when playing racing games which tends to make me be either very good or very bad.

Is there anything that makes kers or DRS unlimited or usable anytime? I recently started the career on legendary, and its extremely hard. I CAN'T qualify past 18th, even on options. I chose williams, so my car really isn't that bad. Barrichello usually sits in 16-17th in qualifying, but even then, he is a huge gap ahead of me, and I am not a bad driver.

Is this some sort of bug? I have not bothered to patch the game since my internet is very iffy sometimes, I cannot afford a better internet plan, but the gap from 18 to 17th in qualifying is always VERY large, I will think I run a good time and then be like BOOM, im still 1.5 secs behind mr 17th place. I mean, maybe I'm not running that great, but on option tires, using DRS and Kers, its still extremly hard.

I STILL finish ok. I dont expect to be winning in my rookie year, first race, finished in 10th place after starting 18th. After starting 5th on the grid at kuala lumpur (im an ace on that track), I finished 9th place. VERY respectable imo. But, its the qualifying that bugs me, China didn't go so well for me, started 18th again and finished 17th, would having finished maybe 12th or 13th but got 2 penalties near the end.

Now I am on Istanbul, I am driving as well as I feel I can on the option tires in qualifying and STILL 1.5 seconds behind my 17th place. WTF! Is it my driving thats bad? I'm NOT the best, my best time in qualifying was a 1:27 on the williams, but mr barrichello is 1:25.5, in 16th! To compare, Vettel was only 1:24xxxx. Thats a massive gap!

Kudos to @The-Sheriff for answering your questions. I completely ignored it because of the disrespectful way of bringing things.

It's not that you paid for a product here at RD and can demand for things to be offered to your highness in a structured way. Its a community site with shared efforts. Modmakers busting their asses each day to please people like yourself and you qualify their work as a stream of crap and expect things to be improved? I mean really?

Unbelievable that you got a nice reply from The Sheriff in the first place.

Kudos to @The-Sheriff for answering your questions. I completely ignored it because of the disrespectful way of bringing things.

It's not that you paid for a product here at RD and can demand for things to be offered to your highness in a structured way. Its a community site with shared efforts. Modmakers busting their asses each day to please people like yourself and you qualify their work as a stream of crap and expect things to be improved? I mean really?

Unbelievable that you got a nice reply from The Sheriff in the first place.
Bram leave this kind of person's it's the only way i think and yes he was lucky that he got such a good response for sheriff

Thanks guys. For the record I deleted my first response, as it was not nice in any way. I got a little p..... to be honest as I am also one of the persons trying to create MODS that expands the F1 2011 experience. Regardsless that some love them and some dont. Thats the nature of it.
Have a nice day.

Hello, got F1 2011 and I remembered this site from when I was playing F1 2010. I come here and its completly different, can't find a downloads section, and the mods are just a big stream of crap, nothing is organized or anything.
You came here when the site had a download section and before the server issues? congrats :thumbsup:. But just because you use to come here, that doesn't give you the right to call the mods crap, or the organisation crap.
You don't like what is provided here? Create your own mods, create you own mod site or use another site. Being disrespectful wont get you anywhere.

As for the rest of you post:
1. Who in there right mind mind would help you find mods with a post that started like this one?
2. Patch your game.
3. I could make a joke about you getting pwned by AI, but i wont.....

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/downloads-not-working.43009/page-4
Go to page 4...
The MODS are a pile of unique strong add-ons to the game, not crap !. If you find the MODS crap you will probably also find the MODS crap, even if they were organized....

Patch your game as step1, and then ask again as patch to 1.2 solves many issues.

I saw your original reply, no biggie, perhaps I should have worded it differently? I didn't mean the mods you were making were crap, I meant in relation to what I was personally looking for. So, I am looking for a specific thing and I see all these different mods and because none of it is organized, plus my slow internet, its very aggravating looking for something. I didn't mean in any way to say that what you guys made or are attempting to make was crap, sorry it looked that way.

You came here when the site had a download section and before the server issues? congrats :thumbsup:. But just because you use to come here, that doesn't give you the right to call the mods crap, or the organisation crap.
You don't like what is provided here? Create your own mods, create you own mod site or use another site. Being disrespectful wont get you anywhere.

As for the rest of you post:
1. Who in there right mind mind would help you find mods with a post that started like this one?
2. Patch your game.
3. I could make a joke about you getting pwned by AI, but i wont.....

Sorry I offended you, like I said it wasn't my intent. The AI cannot beat me in a race, I am on pace with them and can outpace them just fine there. The real issue is the Qualifying sessions. Its been so long since I've done monte carlo and I am just crashing everywhere, used to be my best circut too, so many times I did that race in Gran Turismo 3 as a kid that I would just laugh my way to 1st place on the hardest difficulty in f1 2010.

But part of getting a 1st place finish there is qualifying as best as you can. I did 1:17.149 on my first decent no crash run through. What did that net me? 24th. In practice. The guy in 18th place? 1:16.667. The guy in 17th? 1:14.107.... 1st place, 1:12.554. Thats not even in qualifying yet. They will be faster there. My issue is the computer is qualifying too fast, in order to keep up I would need to be perfect, every corner taken at perfect speed, every breaking point perfect every line perfect...

I got 3rd place at Catalunya, only reason Vettel and Alonso were ahead was of a little mistake I made, then they DRS leapfrogged each other every straight and I couldn't catch up. But in qualifying? I only managed 15th place... I was doing great runs, I am really good on that track, but it would have been impossible in my car to attain the laptimes they were getting... Ridiculous.. Does the patch fix this? My internet is so bad it times out on even small 10mb files.

It all comes down to the statement in bold. Please keep in mind that RD.com isn't a business, we're all spending our free time to keep it up and running - the mod creators most often probably even more than we do.

Whilst I understand that your situation can be frustrating, please watch your tone.

@Tacoscent
Allright I guess your apologie is accepted. Anyway, then you need to find somewhere else to download the updates. Its crucial that you have an updated game, or no one can actually know whats going on in your game. (trying to fix something thats already fixed right....) Number 1 is to update it, after that you can check if your problem re-occurs.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%