No display in VR, yet shows on screen

Hi, just asking for a friend.

Basically, AC has suddenly stopped showing on his Rift, yet the desktop mirror still works as normal with all the headtracking etc.
All other VR titles work as they should, so it's not a Rift hardware issue.

He uses CM, but has tried the standard launcher, launching in non VR and countless reboots etc.

Any ideas?

If he is using the shader lights patch he should try with it turned off. I was having similar issues which I had put down to Oculus update but then I tried single screen and had issues with that as well. Since I turned off RC4 version shaders patch in JSGME everything seems to be working ok.

I don't think he is.
I'm using the shaders patch with Rift and don't have an issue.

I also had the same problem as him a while ago and can't remember how I fixed it lol
I do recall also having issues with Oculus updating, so I also put it down to that too.

Hi, just asking for a friend.

Basically, AC has suddenly stopped showing on his Rift, yet the desktop mirror still works as normal with all the headtracking etc.
All other VR titles work as they should, so it's not a Rift hardware issue.

He uses CM, but has tried the standard launcher, launching in non VR and countless reboots etc.

Any ideas?

Have a look here for some background and possible workarounds.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/oculus-latest-update-10-09-18.160366/

In summary, after the recent 1.31 update you have no choice but to run the Oculus Client to even get an image in the HMD to start with. And as @JoelGL said, the old 'run as administrator' trick no longer works.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back