GT5 No Challenge?

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
Hey GT5 people. I finally got GT5 for Christmas, been active on this section a bit to see how others took to the game, but no-one mentioned how easy it was!

I've played the game about 5 hours in total so far, and I am already level 15, with 2 Ferrari's, 500 000 credits, 10 other cars and every race I win by between 5-20seconds even when I am not pushing hard. I'm yet to have a race that I have had to fight for the win, even when the car I'm in is far slower than the competitors.

For example, in a Professional race - Supercar Challenge, I was in a standard Ferrari 458, and I was up against a Bugatti Veyron, Pagani Zonda, McLaren SLR etc.etc. basically, I was about the 8th quickest car there. Yet, in an oval I won the race by 2 seconds and the Veyron came 9th.
I do enjoy winning but it's got to the stage where I just want to lose a race for once, or at least have to fight for a win.

Do the races get harder as you go along or do they just stay at this ridiculously easy level? I'm in the Professional Series now and still am yet to be challenged, and I'm not even that good a driver :(

The only challenge a sim racer will get is in the Licence tests, special events and seasonal events, everything else is a walkover unless you put yourself in a much slower car than the competition (sometimes even still), the Formula GT championship is quite challenging, some people found the NASCAR championship to be difficult, Like the Wind can be hard, though most of the general race events are easy.

The only challenge a sim racer will get is in the Licence tests, special events and seasonal events, everything else is a walkover unless you put yourself in a much slower car than the competition (sometimes even still), the Formula GT championship is quite challenging, some people found the NASCAR championship to be difficult, Like the Wind can be hard, though most of the general race events are easy.

Yeah I love the Special Events, they're really good, but as for the A-Spec events, they lack it for me.
I don't understand why they do this, as surely they knew the AI sucked when they spent time testing it and needed to make it harder?? It's very annoying and a bit frustrating at times.

The seasonal events are a-spec races too. And more challenging too. The default a-spec races are very easy. Also online can be good if happen to find a server with few other racers with similar skill levels.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 463 39.2%