FM4 No assits

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
I noticed this on Monday race night on the Top Gear test track, the only assist I had was the driving line, everything else off and gearbox in manual.

I normally race single player with the assist on, so I don't have to worry about it.

Seems very much to me depends on car class, car and track as well. S class for me at times can be nearly undriveble but I'm further hampered by the fact with the wheel I've had to map the paddles as brake and gas because I've got two broken feet and can't use the pedals. My controller skills have eroded so badly I'm a danger to myself and others if I use it instead of the wheel!

Assists off is the forward, not only does it improve the gameplay tenfold, but allows for a more accurate setup gained through the feel of the car, not just pure luck. I'm only using the braking line atm until I get used to the newer tracks then I will be full sim.

All assists off is the only way for me, the grip does differ from car to car, track to track and weather (track temperature) has an effect also ... also when you are REALLY pushing it trying to catch a faster car, trust me, you don't have all the grip you want at all ... it VERY easily runs out ..!

Stu

Well I only drive the cars using the XBOX gamepad, but still great fun.

All assists are off (using Simulation steering) and have manual gears (with auto-clutch). Can still easily lose most cars going round corners if you're pushing too hard and like others have said, the faster the cars the less grip you seem to have.

Only had my XBOX since Saturday 22nd (was bought solely for Forza 4) and am extremely impressed with my first foray in the word of Forza.

Also have a PS3 and have raced all the GT series, but at present Forza 4 is ruling the roost and has consigned GT5 to the shelf, lol.

:cool:

My view is that playin Forza with assists on is like Havin a bath with ya socks on! Wots the point playin a Sim racin game n then puttin assists on, if ya goin to do that may as well get arcadey game like PG4, no brainer for me, sim always.

i drive with all the assists off but sometimes struggle with the down shifting with the clutch in a RWD, sometimes skips out quite easily for me and my wheel with no TC, but i do find the grip levels have a limit that can easily be pushed over for one reason or another in the higher classes, much easier in the lower classes but much harder to get a decent time

i drive with all the assists off but sometimes struggle with the down shifting with the clutch in a RWD, sometimes skips out quite easily for me and my wheel with no TC, but i do find the grip levels have a limit that can easily be pushed over for one reason or another in the higher classes, much easier in the lower classes but much harder to get a decent time

You need to blip the throttle on downshifts (Heel and Toe) ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back