F1 2011 No assists

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
How do I got about getting used to using no assists at all on this game. Right now I am comfortable with everything except abs and traction control off except on some of the tracks I don't know.

I have the same pedals. Yeah, they pretty much feel like a kids toy compared to Thrustmaster's T500RS. But until I buy one, I modded my kids toy using a bungee cord over the pedals. It actually helped a lot.

Oh man, my first wheel was Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP and assists were off since first race :)

I got DFGT then. Not best wheel, but fairly good. I remember it as good time with getting basic skill of driving.

And like Paul said... Practice, practice, practice. And then get some practice... Trust me pedals aren't main problem, it's all about skill. I remember that when I bought G27 driving became easier, I'm doing less mistakes... But skill is the most important.
I'm not saying that I'm good driver :) I'm still crap, but I'm enjoying racing games without assists no matter what wheel and pedals I have :)

To get off ABS, you have to learn the track (braking points, bumpy braking zones) and realize that you'll occasionally lock up.
If you're bad at throttle input control (or are a keyboard user), learn to use gears to control your throttle.

I never thought I would get the hang of driving without assists but after a little bit of practice it's amazing how much quicker you can go - plus you feel more confident in what the car will ultimately do.

All I would suggest is that you slowly build up, so break super early on the first lap and only on 100% throttle when you're straight and then slowly go a little earlier and earlier. You'll then find the place where it's too late on the breaks and too early on the throttle.

The aids give you a false sense of security and really teaches you to floor it out of every corner to be fast. The TC scales down your engine power to not send you flying off the road when your tires break traction. My biggest difficulty in transitioning from aids on to off was definately corner exit, the braking takes a bit to adjust to as well but I cant tell you how many times i've snapped out my rear end giving just a hair too much throttle on a sweeping turn. Once you get a feel for each corner and how much throttle you can give it without sliding the speed and consistancy will come.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%