F1 2018 NLRv3 and Simmcommander at the same time

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi
Is it possible to run the NLRv3 software at the same time as Simcommander, at present it isnt possible as it says (cant remember the exact words) something already using the telemetry. is there a work around?

Thanks

Hi
Is it possible to run the NLRv3 software at the same time as Simcommander, at present it isnt possible as it says (cant remember the exact words) something already using the telemetry. is there a work around?

Thanks
Not sure if this helps but I posted this for Dirt 2 telemetry may be same for F1 as needed to use CM proxy server to run 2 telemetries

Had same problem using simvibe with dashmeter pro. Got it working eventually as the problem is that simvibe overwrites 20777 to 10001. Had download cm proxy server from here:

http://www.eksimracing.com/cmps/
Not expert on this but put this in my Dirt Rally hardware settings config file
<motion_platform>
<dbox enabled="true" />
<udp enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="10001" ExtraData="3" Delay="1" />

In the CM Proxy have this entered:
Main Proxy UDP port 10001
Host IP Address 127.0.0.1
Device UDP ports & API version
Port 20777 API 3 Remote IP 127.0.0.1

So simvibe uses 10001 and dashmeter pro uses 20777 (suppose replace with what simdash port is used)

Had to configure cm proxy then shut it down launch my dashmeter pro then run cm proxy for it to work. Hope this helps as I went around in circles until got it sorted.

I finally switched over to SimHub and which works well with the NLRv3. My SimVibe stopped working and even after updating the software, I've not gotten it to work. SimHub is free but has screens asking for a donation that go away if you make a donation.

The nice thing about SimHub is that it will automatically tweek the setup files so it can work. That will break the NLRv3 telemetry, but if you have NLRv3 remap again, everything will work.

I would like to give F1 2018 a try, but I only am setup for VR. Right now PC2 has a little of everything including Formula 1, but it's obviously not dedicated to it.

I finally switched over to SimHub and which works well with the NLRv3. My SimVibe stopped working and even after updating the software, I've not gotten it to work. SimHub is free but has screens asking for a donation that go away if you make a donation.

The nice thing about SimHub is that it will automatically tweek the setup files so it can work. That will break the NLRv3 telemetry, but if you have NLRv3 remap again, everything will work.

I would like to give F1 2018 a try, but I only am setup for VR. Right now PC2 has a little of everything including Formula 1, but it's obviously not dedicated to it.
Hi ,
I am having the problem of NLRV3 disconnecting when launching Simhub.
How do you get NLRV3 to remap again? I am not sure
Also, do you have an order in which you launch pc game, NLRV3 app, and Simhub?
Thnaks

NLRv3 recently changed the port that they use and that might be conflicting with SimHub. I had that issue with Dirt Rally. I had to modify the port used by SimHub in the Dirt Rally configuration inside the SimHub software and in the Dirt Rally ini file.

Some software like iRacing have a separate interface and seem immune to these issues.

Startup routine------------------

I have Simhub and NLRv3 and VRS start up automatically.

then
  • open SteamVR
  • open the SimuCube True Drive software and enable high torque mode.

Then I do one of the following:
  • open CrewChief.
  • open iRacing.
or
  • open Dirt Rally

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years