nKPro racing club proposal/feedback/ideas

Hello everyone

I wanted to divide the cars into three categories, and go with one every week. That way all the cars would be used, not exactly evenly, but close enough. Something like:
  1. Abarth, Vintage
  2. F1600/1800, Osella
  3. F2000/FTarget, KS2
As far as tracks go, was thinking one week default, the next add-on, and so on.
I'm not that familiar with all the add-on tracks available, so if you have one that you'd like to see, or even a car/track combo, I'd be more than happy to give it a go.

Anyway, that's the general idea, post feedback, ideas, suggestions or obscenities below :thanks:

Suggestions:
  1. different event types; enduro, sprint + feature, 3 sprints
  2. ballast
  3. mandatory pit stops
  4. Abarth race with full grid at Nordschleife :)
  5. reversed grid
  6. rolling start
  7. Lime Rock Park, Lastplace addon tracks
  8. Extra time between races
  9. F2000 at Adelaide

Tracks:

Code:
A1 Ring - ok
Adelaide 1989 Lastplace - ok
Adelaide - Albert, unknown
Ahvenisto - ok I guess
Autumn Ring - ok I guess
Bahrain - ok I guess
Barcelona 03 - Albert, unknown
Barcelona 10 - Albert, illegal
Bathurst - Albert, illegal
Blackwood - ok
Brands Hatch 1.1 - ok I guess
Brands Hatch 09 - Albert, unknown
Brescia - ok
Brno - needs GTR2 disc
Crema Rsr - ok
Crystal Palace - ok
Dijon - Albert, illegal
Dinosaur Canyon - ok I guess
Donington Park - needs GTL disc
El Pinar - ok I guess
Essington - Albert, unknown
F1 Stadium - ok I guess
Falkenberg - ok I guess
Fuji Speedway - Albert, unknown
Goodwood - ok I guess
High Speed Ring - ok I guess
Hockenheimring - ok I guess
Hungaroring - ok I Guess, has a bug
Imola - Albert, illegal
Interlagos - ok I guess
Interlagos 1979 - ok I guess
Istanbul 1.2 - illegal
Laguna Seca 1.2 - ok I guess
Lastplace Lake - ok
Le Mans - ok I guess
Lime Rock - ok I guess
Macau - Albert, illegal
Magny Cours - needs GTR2 Disc
Melbourne - ok I guess
Mid Ohio - Albert, illegal
Monaco - ok I guess
Montreal - ok I guess
Monza Rsr - needs GTR2 disc
Mountain Sprint - ok
Mugello - ok
Nordschleife - ok
Nurburgring - Albert, illegal
Okayama - Albert, illegal
Oschersleben - needs GTL disc
Oval - ok
Phillip Island - ok
Ricardo Tormo 1.2 (Valencia (Not The Street Circuit)) - Albert, illegal
Riccardo Paletti (Varano) - Albert, illegal
Road America - Albert, unknown
Salzburgring - Albert, unknown
Sepang - ok I guess
Shanghai - ok I guess
Silverstone - ok
Singapore - ok I guess
Snetterton 1.1 - ok I guess
Spa 2010 - Albert, illegal
Spa 67 - illegal
Spa 90's - Albert, illegal
Spa-Francorchamps - ok
Suzuka - ok I guess
Valencia 1.1 - ok I guess
Zolder - Albert, unknown

Or you could just make the qualifying a tiny bit longer and the practice before a little bit shorter. Like that you would have enough time to do at least another lap or two even if somebody is joining in the wrong moment.

I would also be one who prefers to have the qualifying still open for joining. Yes sometimes people may join in a bad moment but I rather have people doing that instead of racing with fewer drivers because they couldn't make it in time.

Okay.

The practice start time is kinda pointless really. Server is usually up about 3 hours before quali, so technically a 3 hour practice. We'll have a 20 minute quali session.

I'll change it to this for the next and every subsequent event:

Practice start time: 18:30 GMT
Qualification start time: 19:10 GMT
Race start time: 19:30 GMT

All sessions will be open. Sounds okay?

For now its for me this change but i think that i'll have a problem when summer time will switch to standard time at 30 octomber.Its cause i work up to 18:30gmt and i need at least half hour to eat something and take a rest.When the time will change i will be missing one hour so i will not be able to race...Sorry for my bad english,i hope you understand what i mean.

For now its for me this change but i think that i'll have a problem when summer time will switch to standard time at 30 octomber.Its cause i work up to 18:30gmt and i need at least half hour to eat something and take a rest.When the time will change i will be missing one hour so i will not be able to race...Sorry for my bad english,i hope you understand what i mean.

When daylight savings time is over, event times will be moved forward :good:. The races will start at the same time.

Well ... maybe is a little too late for a opinion/suggestion but here is mine

motivations to race in a racing club
I allways race on a Sim Racing Club if they have the car(s) i like to drive every weeks ...
in this case i like Vintage GT ... if you make everyweek a event for Vintage ... no matter if only 2 or 3 drivers will race ... i will be there (unless something really important comes over)

But if i will race only every 3 or 4 weeks i will try to look for a server where i can race at least everyweek ... if i cant find it then i will look for events in other games in RD and not be so motivated for NetKar Pro... so i think you should start different events for the most wanted cars like RD is doing in Race07 ... NetKar Pro is a excellent and not expensive simulator so im sure if you stay with this format for some weeks more people will participate on events and with some persistence there will be soon full grid races:cool:

about the tracks
like everyone i have preference for some tracks but i will race on any track if i can race a car i like ... in my opinion the tracks are not so important cause i know i will soon or later race in the tracks i like more ... if i enjoy the car i will for sure enjoy racing in any track (some more then others). But my preference goes to Suzuka, A1 Ring, Spa 2001, Magione, Laguna Seca.

I dont know much about mods cause i only got the game 4 days ago ... but the sim is just very good the way its is ... good default tracks ... good cars ... excellent physics and FFB... good graphics and car sounds:)

This is just my opinion ... but in the end all i want is to have fun and clean races ... like everyone else in RD;)

Edited

I guess you might have a point there. The trouble with that is that my RD and real life are busy as it is. I couldn't even race in those events, let alone manage them, so I would need an extra set of hands for that to happen.

In the meantime, I have recently started trying out two car, or two track events. It's possible to cover more cars in less time.

For me there are three different groups of cars:
• somewhat regular cars: Vintages, Abarth, Osella
• open-wheelers without wings (is there a more technical term?): F1600, F1800
• open-wheelers with wings: F2000, FTarget, KS2

All very different to drive.

I'm a fan of everything except the last category, and would be more than happy to put up just Abarth and Vintage and F1600 races :D
But I know others with exactly the opposite taste, so we have to try and cover most of them.

I don't mind, I am a big fan of default tracks.

Did you have any particular car in mind? Why don't people like the F1600/F1800 :,(

EDIT: just realized I probably won't be able to make it next week :(. So feel free to pick the KS2 or FTarget, I won't bite :p

Hey Senad. I used wrong password :S that s why i had this error :p
Double ks2 event sound nice hihi :p
Maybe have a little vote on nxt event?
ks2 on blackwood looks nice. never race there before, but the track looks very nice :)

About tracks, i like every F1 track :))

about race type i would like 3 sprint race or longer race with 1 or 2 mandatory pit stops depending on how long the race is.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%