nKpro for £4

I purchased a copy too, still getting the hang of the FFB... I can feel things happening but I don't know how to react.

Is it normal for the brakes to be very sensitive out of the box? I have a DFGT so the pedals aren't great, but it seems like under any circumstances, I can lock the FF 1600's fronts up in the first 20% of travel. It's just hard to tell what is part of the realism, and what means the control configuration should be tweaked.

Sometimes - at least on my system - the brakes are stupidly sensitive when first firing up and going on track. Just looking at the pedals locks up the tyres and no amount of heating them up resolves the sensitivity. The trick is to go to Box and rejoin, and then they work properly again; it's just some odd bug, at least for me.

Note though, anyone coming from other sims need to adjust to what the properly implemented cold tyres and brakes feel like in NKP. You need at least a lap to put any heat into the brakes and tyres. If you brake too hard on the opener, you'll flatspot the tyres and they will get progressively worse - to the point that the wheel will try and jump out of your hands at speed. In other words, pure joy.

Sometimes - at least on my system - the brakes are stupidly sensitive when first firing up and going on track. Just looking at the pedals locks up the tyres and no amount of heating them up resolves the sensitivity. The trick is to go to Box and rejoin, and then they work properly again; it's just some odd bug, at least for me.

Note though, anyone coming from other sims need to adjust to what the properly implemented cold tyres and brakes feel like in NKP. You need at least a lap to put any heat into the brakes and tyres. If you brake too hard on the opener, you'll flatspot the tyres and they will get progressively worse - to the point that the wheel will try and jump out of your hands at speed. In other words, pure joy.
Thanks, seems it was a combination of problems - need to blip the pedals to get them to register 100% range, plus cold tires making them extra sensitive to boot.

The manual it came with is written with nKP 1.0.3 in mind and shows different setup screens, is there a more recent manual? It says there's a car setup screen where you can switch between road groove & slicks on the FF1600, but I can't find whether that still exists.

edit ~ forgot to mention before, the 1600 has about a 400 degree lock, but my 900 degree wheel just loses force feedback if I turn past that - any way to make it push back strongly and prevent that?

Everytime I try that demo I downloaded, I have problems with setting up brake pressure on my clubsports. I'd like to buy nKP just to drive AC tech demo, but this is putting me off. It's the only sim that is acting weird. Now I'm puzzled, it's just 5€ after all, but my PC is low spec too so don't know how it would run. Project Cars runs like slideshow. :)

Everytime I try that demo I downloaded, I have problems with setting up brake pressure on my clubsports. I'd like to buy nKP just to drive AC tech demo, but this is putting me off. It's the only sim that is acting weird. Now I'm puzzled, it's just 5€ after all, but my PC is low spec too so don't know how it would run. Project Cars runs like slideshow. :)
Clubsports have a load cell? There's a "use linear brake" option you might want to enable, and see what happens. At least I think that's what it's for.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%