NjMotion compact seat mover

Hi all, just thought I’d start a new thread for the NjMotion compact seat mover.
It’s a direct competitor to the likes of Next Level Racing. I’ve got one coming on Thursday so will let you all know my thoughts.

Javi at NJ has designed and built custom brackets to fit my P1 rig, seat height should be identical to its current position, will post photos when installed.

Well it’s turned up, first impressions are VERY positive. It’s clear that this is an industrial piece of equipment, it weighs 46kgs so should give you some idea how bomb proof it is.

I won’t have a chance to get it installed until the weekend so will update more once it’s up and running.

Upvote 0
I installed the compact over the weekend. It went in very easily (although it was awkward due the weight and brackets being connected to the underside of my P1).

Once installed, seat position is virtually identical to what it was previously, it probably sits 1-2cm higher than previous, but not enough of a change to make me want to adjust my steering wheel or pedals.

As you can see from the pictures, the installed compact is virtually undetectable, I really couldn't be happier with it fixed this way.

In terms of the unit in use, so far I have had a bit limited usage of it and I must admit, I have never used any form of motion device previously, BUT so far I'm really impressed with it. Using iracing on the sebring with a skip barber I actually feel like i'm in the car going over bump after bump.

There doesn't appear to be any lag, the unit is very fast in operation and it also very quiet. With my VR headset on, I can't hear the unit at all, and when witnessing other people using it, you do hear a noise, but outside of the room is is not noticeable, in fact, the FFB on my wheel through the chassis probably is noisier.

Settings are very simple, once you boot up simtools, it automatically recognises the game you are playing and uses the relevant settings, which you can then adapt to suit with a slider whilst in game. The unit also has 3 dials on the front of it for on the fly settings, although I've not really played with any of these yet.

I'll report more once I've had more time with it.

IMG_0631.jpg
IMG_0643.jpg
IMG_0644.jpg

Upvote 0
I have been with him for almost 2 months and the truth is that I have done the best update in my simulator!

The dive increases greatly with a simulator like this.

One of its strengths is the size, since it occupies only one chassis, and adapts to any aluminum cockpit on the market.

The other day doing tests, I decided to disconnect it to see what feelings I had with the shutdown, and I even got dizzy since my body lacked information. This had never happened to me before.

Highly recommended the NjMotion Compact

0de24605f86820cfc26a189bf3fc21cb.png
87a6a72bf57d34e0a8278092092c8c6a.png
63d04b7a0bc01f63745cac023da2d0bf.png

Upvote 0
With my VR headset on, I can't hear it at all. My mrs hasn't complained either, so I'd say its pretty quiet.
Hi Mark,
Just wondering how you've been getting on with this unit?
Is the simtools software easy enough to work with?
I might get back into motion soon after clearing some space in my loft and
this unit seems to fit the small footprint requirement.
Do you only use for racing? Wondered how it was with flight/Elite Dangerous.

Upvote 0
Hi @Mascot
The Compact-s and Compact-R weighs approximately 34kg.
The 46kg that Mark said are of the complete packaging.
Thanks - still 9kg more than the 25kg weight of the NLRM v3 though. I remember the back-breaking trouble I had lowering the v3 into my P1 chassis. Another 9kg would have made it impossible as a one-man job I think.
Just curious where all that extra weight goes?
I loved my v3 but moved to SFX-100 for the d-box type experience. I'd love to try the NJM unit though.

Upvote 0
Thanks - still 9kg more than the 25kg weight of the NLRM v3 though. I remember the back-breaking trouble I had lowering the v3 into my P1 chassis. Another 9kg would have made it impossible as a one-man job I think.
Luckily, that job should only be done once :)

Just curious where all that extra weight goes?
I don't know the other systems. Mine is very strong and fast.

I loved my v3 but moved to SFX-100 for the d-box type experience. I'd love to try the NJM unit though.

The v3 must be a good system, there are many happy people, that's fine, they are machines that are bought to enjoy what we like the most, simracing.
And I would like you to try it :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
The v3 must be a good system, there are many happy people, that's fine, they are machines that are bought to enjoy what we like the most, simracing.
And I would like you to try it :thumbsup:
One thing that drew a lot of criticism about the NLMv3 was the very slight 'seat wobble' that was ever-present because of the way the seat was mounted on a universal joint. I never really noticed it during use (others did, I think) but I do all my gaming in the sim rig, so it was definitely felt when motion was turned off and I wasn't driving.
Does the NJM have a similar issue at all?

Upvote 0
One thing that drew a lot of criticism about the NLMv3 was the very slight 'seat wobble' that was ever-present because of the way the seat was mounted on a universal joint. I never really noticed it during use (others did, I think) but I do all my gaming in the sim rig, so it was definitely felt when motion was turned off and I wasn't driving.
Does the NJM have a similar issue at all?
As another ex owner of the NLRv3 I found it a terrific introduction to the motion side of this hobby.
I sold my rig when moving to a smaller house but alas I've now made an attic room in the new house and am back here lurking and thinking, lots of thinking.
I've decided to order the Sv-2 from Javi at NJ motion as it's a fully versatile rig for racing and flying for less money than the NLRv3 unit.
Also the included simtools software will give me a chance to try motion with my favourite game elite dangerous which wasn't possible with the V3.
Must admit the SFX 100 looks like a great project but I just prefer to leave the construction to a professional.
Are you considering putting a seat mover in your SFX 100?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 227 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 154 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years