Nitro McClean

I'm Nitro McClean (not my real name of course, more on that later). I am 57 years old, happily married and have a 20-year-old son and a 22-year-old daughter. I was born in Eindhoven (Netherlands) in the street where the PSV stadium is located. It is logical that I have been a PSV fan for years. Now I live in Breda.
I studied electronics and work at the Dutch Railways, first as an electronics technician and now as a trainer for electronics technicians.

In my younger years I was a DJ in the Hollywood disco in Eindhoven. I have recorded a lot of music in my spare time, from classical to pop.

In the 80's with the arrival of the first DOS PC's I first have seen sim racing with the computer keyboard. But I haven't done anything with computer games for years. I didn't like that. I used the computer to record music and edit video.
I started following Formula 1 at a young age. Since 1975 I have watched almost all GPs live on TV. My son has been watching with me since 2007. Occasionally we also visit a Formula 1 race.

In 2008 I started sim racing with my son. We started with Codemasters DTM Racedriver 3 and moved to rFactor pretty quickly. We connected two sim race computers with LAN and raced against each other every day for a number of years. Because we know each other through and through, those were very exciting races. At that time I was mainly a collector of cars and circuits. This gave me a collection of more than 1000 "regular" circuits and more than 200 kart circuits for rFactor.

In 2010 my son started karting. He still does now. In 2014 I started to replicate the go-kart tracks he drives on for rFactor, to be able to practice well at home.
There was also no karting during the Formula 1 Covid break. To pass the time a bit, I started building the Grand Prix Karting tracks. First a few for fun to try out, but later all the F1 tracks of 2020. I build them with Bob's Track Builder for rFactor, because that's what I was used to do.
Now we are working with a team on the Assetto Corsa Grand Prix Karting Tracks for the Formula Student community.

When I got involved in the sim racing world it was common to have a nickname. My son was talking about the movie Cars at the time, but hadn't heard the name of the lead actor, Lighting McQueen, correctly. He kept talking about McClean. At that time we also had a racing game where you could choose a name for yourself. My real name was not one of them and I thought Nitro was cool. It was then that Nitro McClean was born.

Besides sim racing I like good food and drinks, listening to (and recording) music, now and then a good movie and enjoying the peace in nature.

Welkom señor McClean! :laugh: What a great story! If you and/or your sons would like to join some of the races on "good old" AC i can recommend you the Multiclass Audi TT / Mazda MX5 Cup (woensdagavond), it's a group with diverse talent and a very "chill" atmosphere, great racing! :thumbsup: Zie je op de baan!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back