AC Nissan Primera@ Silverstone National Wed 19th Nov 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I think some peeps need to read the rules, especially this one

• If you accidentally leave the track for whatever reason you must wait until there is a clear, safe gap before rejoining the track. Upon rejoining the track you must get up to speed as quickly as possible without blocking the racing line.

I think some peeps need to read the rules, especially this one

• If you accidentally leave the track for whatever reason you must wait until there is a clear, safe gap before rejoining the track. Upon rejoining the track you must get up to speed as quickly as possible without blocking the racing line.
Hey @Martin Field, I was hit on lap 3 I think, went wide and did indeed went back on the track like an idiot, sorry about that. I made contact with you, looks like you managed to continue straight, hope your car was OK. I'll be more careful next time :(

Other than date pretty nice race, I was happy as I did a 59''44 while practising, but didn't manage to reproduce in the quali :)
Then followed @Simon Knight for a few laps and tried to pass, but he kept me at bay until he pitted, and then again a few nice laps with Simon in the end, and a pretty nerve wrecking last lap :)

Reactions: Si
very fun race. i just wish i could finally manage to end a race without getting a penalty :/

maybe we can have this race again with the nissan and the e30dtm if the laptimes are close enough.

I got a (nearly) fantastic race! I knew I wasn't fast, but I was consistent. I did a decent qually and ended mid-pack in the starting grid. Lights went green green green and then someone who started to the left (around P10) decided that the right side of the track was the place he had to be, so he just crossed and smashed the guy in front of me against the wall (!)*. I managed to avoid getting trapped in there and being quite careful ended like P15 or so after the first hairpin but without any contact, from there I started to gain positions thanks to many crashes around, and I had a reeeeeeeeeeally nice fight (with someone who I don't remember the name) until I dove like a lunatic into the first hairpin, getting a solid P8 or so and with my Jack Daniel's painting still without any scratch.

From there I got a lonely race, only overtaking people who had made a mistake, until at lap 15 my ping (usually 20ish ms) decided to jump to 3000 ms. Luckily I was quite alone at this stage, so I kept racing for the remaining of the lap while shouting to my girlfriend to stop watching orange is the new black in Netflix and I dove to pitstops for an earlier than planned tyre swap (hard to hard), hoping that the issue would solve by itself meanwhile. Obviously, with all the ping stress and my girlfriend shouting back that "She was not using internet, that she was cleaning, not like me always wasting time on that stupid steering wheel" I failed to brake in the box, so I had to reverse, I filled too much fuel, and I didn't change the tyres... so I reversed again, changed to hards and drove off. That costed me around 15 seconds extra. There I got a lonely race until @Dave Fox appeared behind me and I had to defend like crazy, with my left wheel nearly on the grass every time I drove on the straight. Unluckily, he gently tapped me in the back at the end of the straight after a few laps and he had a small span. I got very minor damages (back and front?!?) and raced away, trying to catch @Mathias André and @Simon Knight. But the crazy dive from mathias in the last lap (taking both away) never happened, so I finished in a decent P8 or so, with no major time losses in the 30 laps, except the horrible pit stop)

(!)* Should I publicly name who that was so he does not repeat it again? Or what is the standard procedure for these kind of actions?

Last edited:
(!)* Should I publicly name who that was so he does not repeat it again? Or what is the standard procedure for these kind of actions?
please don't publicly flame. send him/her a pm and see what they say. if the matter can not be resolved file an incident report and we will look at it ;)

edit: great write up of the race tho!!

please don't publicly flame. send him/her a pm and see what they say. if the matter can not be resolved file an incident report and we will look at it ;)

edit: great write up of the race tho!!
Sure I will get in contact, thanks!

And thanks for organising and the compliment, but I am afraid I remembered it wrong! The last fight was with @Barney Fox, and not Dave. And what I thought it was a front-to-back gentle hit, it was in reality a door to door hit, as he sneaked alongside me, at least 80% of the car! so I should be blamed at least for 50% of that!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 402 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 274 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 260 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 190 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 317 12.9%