rF2 Nissan GTR & Corvette @ Silverstone - Wednesday July 3rd 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I was ready and willing but I'm getting tons of packet loss to ISI's back end servers. Everything else seems fine so it must be something between my ISP and them. Anyway that means I can't get the list of race servers to join.

Racing gods are not with me.

I was doing fine and on other misshaps/pit stops gotten up to third place when the computer all of a sudden put me on desktop! I managed to reenter half a second to late to avoid the barrier... Sorry for a red Corvette that caught me at the wrong moment. Felt to late for me to take avoiding action there just tried to keep the damn thing straight... Then as I finally manage to limp back to the pits I find that the pits is closed? I noticed it in qualification yet but just thought it was due to the time being out at that point.

2x tire wear seemed a bit much. I thought I was going relatively slow and smooth with my sluggish 2.04s but left front was down on 1 red and not much more on the other. And that was on lap 7. Car still felt perfectly drivable at that point though but I am lapping slow :)

Bad luck for me tonight. Just a small racing accident with gentle touch from behind, after that even more gentle kiss with the barrier ... and 238 seconds for repair I-don`t-know-what in the pits :(. Included tyre change, it is more than 2 laps in 20 laps race, so I decided that is too much and quit like a chicken :O_o: . Anyway, until that moment, about 7 laps, it was a great battle for position between three of us.

Grats and tnx all to be on server and can`t wait for more :thumbsup:.

Did not make a good qulifying lap. Had one but lost it in theat darn last chicane.
The race was good initially, got up tp fourth, but had to break when someone breaked waaay early for me and I had to lock up not to hit and then got a slide out on the grass . Was able to avoid collision, but after that my tyres were gone. Did not feel for continuing after that. Sorry.

Man don;t know what to think about the race, in the first lap I had to avoid someone who braked way to late to overtake me and I had to get of my braking line and already steered in, to avoid a collision. Managed to avoid the collision to get a bump in the back that made my car spin. After that 3 corners later another car spon in front of me, couldn;t avoid him anymore and crashed into him. After getting the car straight I pass the car that had spon to hit me again. Damage all around and at the back and was already so frustrated with my damaged car and the incidents, that halfway in the race I quitted the race. Hopefully next time people who make a coillision can wait next time, conforming the clubrace rules.
Hopefully I'm more lucky next time with my competitors..

Man don;t know what to think about the race, in the first lap I had to avoid someone who braked way to late to overtake me and I had to get of my braking line and already steered in, to avoid a collision. Managed to avoid the collision to get a bump in the back that made my car spin. After that 3 corners later another car spon in front of me, couldn;t avoid him anymore and crashed into him. After getting the car straight I pass the car that had spon to hit me again. Damage all around and at the back and was already so frustrated with my damaged car and the incidents, that halfway in the race I quitted the race. Hopefully next time people who make a coillision can wait next time, conforming the clubrace rules.
Hopefully I'm more lucky next time with my competitors..

All I'm going to say is I fully agree with you.

Did just half a lap in Warmup with this combo and started last. Start was really good. After 1,5 I was in P6 or so and close behind another GTR, but I ran wide in chapel corner and spun the car and could not stop it before the barrier 222secounds repair time...
I changed tyres twice. I just killed the left front even when taking it steady, the rest of the tyres were ok. Towards the end I did fastest lap.
Unfortunately no GTR battles for me, but some nice moves on some Vettes :D

Well for only wanting to float around at the back that was a suprise.

I had good pace in the short practice i had and then managed to grab 3rd on the grid. I got a reasonable start and just tried to stick with Aleksi and Matej. I held on until lap 7 when Matej got a slight slide on and Aleksi just tapped him around, that left me in 1st with Aleksi slowly catching me after getting back on track.

I went until lap 10 then pitted but dont think i got given fresh tyres, just fuel. Aleksi pitted at the same time and came out closer then we went in. I kept him behind me somehow until lap 17 where i had an incident with Calum that put me out of the win and finished Calum's night. Im very sorry Calum, iv watched the replay and it's totally my fault, i honestly thought i was past you when i was moving back onto the race line. Sorry again.

After that i limped it home for 2nd behind Aleksi with a rather bent car. Good fun race that, those GTR's are a handful.

My frustration started with someone spinning in Chapel in qualifying, and standing in the middle of the road for multiple seconds, and because I was on a flying lap, I couldn't avoid hitting him. Mate, you should have gotten out of the way much quicker than that! I didn't look to see who it was so as to not make it personal.

Then, I made some n00b mistakes in the first 2 laps, dropping me way down. Then I started gaining quickly, and then there was a guy who closed a gap I was starting to get into, banging me into the wall. Not saying he did it on purpose, but spatial awareness is essential in racing, and this bloke's was certainly sub-standard.

And since he did not wait for me to at least catch up, I quit then and there.

Also, I see the rule of 2 wheels between the white lines clearly don't matter anymore - of course it happens to all of us once in a while, I am talking about those doing it lap after lap, it happened in the Meganes race last night as well. I used to be a regular on this site's club races last year, especially the 1994/GP2 rFactor and GSC races, but some are clearly taking the piss out of the rules and getting away with it, and I know this is for fun first and foremost, but we try to do it in a sportsmanlike fashion, otherwise we may as well not have rules.

If you don't like what I'm saying, well, if the shoe fits, and I don't care, someone has to be honest about these things, otherwise they'll keep being ignored.

Thanks admins for the hosting admins, the part I could participate in was enjoyable.

You where pushing me good before that spin Frederic. Sorry for being such an inconsistent slow wall :D
Next time I really have to make sure getting in the right pits...

Yes I was just a bit to keen getting past with just 1 lap experience in the GTR, that was a bit cocky :D

@Dewald Nel: Just report the drivers to the admins and they will take care of it. Thats just the problem with F1 tracks to much run of. If we go back to Mills, Ohio or whatever the track will sort the man from the boys.

Thanks Matt for the intense racing! Was very fun to battle with you those 17 laps until I did the stupid mistake of spinning in turn 4...One of the best fights I've ever had although I couldn't pass you once. :D Just couldn't convert that speed I had through Maggotss & Becketts to even try to overtake you.
Nice and tight with Paul too, top-3 would've probably been within 1-2 secs if I hadn't started failing in the last three laps. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back