Misc Nissan 370z Nismo Update/Fix [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEATHLESS submitted a new resource:

Nissan 370z Nismo Update/Fix - new wiper animation, all needles working, added warning lights, internal glasses & more

- Fixed pivots & dummies on wipers and recreated the wiper animation. The old animation looked like this>

- Added internal glasses to rear window + rear side windows. (for raindrops & wiper traces)

- Added configs for all needles. Had to disable analoginstruments cause of the placeholder configs in the analoginstruments.ini

- Reworked almost all lights. Had to disable lights.ini...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for these updates to one of my favourite cars.
One thing: there's a noticable LOD switch on the part of the rear light lens that houses the blinkers and reversing light. In LOD_0 it's quite 'white' looking out on the track, then dims/darkens noticably when LOD_1 kicks in a few metres away. It's quite distracting when following behind another 370z, almost like a rear light is being switched off.
Could this possibly be due to your new LIGHTS.KN5?
If so, any chance of a correction please?
If not, apologies - I never noticed this on the unmodified 370z, but then again I might not have been looking hard enough. I guess it could be due to the original Kunos LODs.
Cheers, and thanks again for these updates.

With default taillights it's very smooth transition between LOD A and LOD B.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1626005854.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1626005854.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 119
  • __custom_showroom_1626005859.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1626005859.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 95
With default taillights it's very smooth transition between LOD A and LOD B.
I'll change that on the next update, forgot to use model replacement on the LODs.

Well, actually a wonder I finshed it yesterday cause I got too much stress here since some days now.
Neighbors dogs half of the day alone at home and they gave me headache with their instant barking lol during whole damn night. Even called the police at 4 in the morning but dogs got more rights than humans in damn Germany.

Thanks for letting me know though!

Last edited:
Its because of the the separated rear light.
Was kinda tricky for me to light them up correctly

Im not home right now, could you test this and tell me if its better?
Simply add it to the ext.config.ini

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1 ; set to 0 to disable the whole section (default value is 1)
FILE = nissan_370z_lodB.kn5 ; name of KN5 to work with (to distinguish between LODs or track KN5s)
HIDE= GEO_rearlights_reversebulbs, BRAKE_INT, FRONT_LIGHT_2, FRONT_LIGHT_BULB_2
INSERT = LIGHTS.kn5 ; name of KN5 to insert, should be located next to config file
INSERT_AFTER = COCKPIT_HR

I'll be home today in the evening and check it.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Its because of the the separated rear light.
Was kinda tricky for me to light them up correctly

Im not home right now, could you test this and tell me if its better?
Simply add it to the ext.config.ini

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1 ; set to 0 to disable the whole section (default value is 1)
FILE = nissan_370z_lodB.kn5 ; name of KN5 to work with (to distinguish between LODs or track KN5s)
HIDE= GEO_rearlights_reversebulbs, BRAKE_INT, FRONT_LIGHT_2, FRONT_LIGHT_BULB_2
INSERT = LIGHTS.kn5 ; name of KN5 to insert, should be located next to config file
INSERT_AFTER = COCKPIT_HR

I'll be home today in the evening and check it.
Thanks!
That makes no difference unfortunately, but thanks for trying.
Up close/LOD_0 this lens is quite unnaturally white and 'milky', then when LOD_1 kicks in it reverts to a darker more expected/natural colour.
@Hoksu even with the @DEATHLESS updates the LOD transition in CM Showroom is very smooth, it's out on the track that it's noticeable. So maybe Sol/CSP related? IDK.

Here's some images out on the track: one close-up to show the 'milky' lenses, then two shots just before and just after the LOD_0 to LOD_1 switch at around 15m, when these lenses suddenly go darker.

Screenshot_ks_nissan_370z_brno_circuit_reworked_11-7-121-14-19-18.jpg

Screenshot_ks_nissan_370z_brno_circuit_reworked_11-7-121-14-19-38.jpg

Screenshot_ks_nissan_370z_brno_circuit_reworked_11-7-121-14-19-48.jpg

Maybe it's nothing to do with your updates at all?

Last edited:
Has anyone checked the unedited Kunos 370z? This might not be related to the @DEATHLESS updates at all.
I just did. It happens with that too. So it seems it's some CSP setting, not caused by this update. There is a bit of an awkward change when the car switches from LOD 0 to LOD 1, the white part of the taillights becomes much darker. Look at the yellow car. Doesn't look huge in these shots but it's a bit awkward when driving

20210711165926_1.jpg20210711165931_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline